We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one night stay prior to check in at Four Seasons...

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
one night stay prior to check in at Four Seasons...

Hello, I am traveling to Budapest in May and flying in early Saturday morning...looking for a moderate priced hotel to get over jetlag etc before checking in to Four Seasons for 5 nights.

Any thoughts on a hotel in maybe a different part of the city to experience before going to Four Seasons?

Please advise.

Sydney
Level Contributor
444 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one night stay prior to check in at Four Seasons...

Hi,

If I was in your position I'd go for something on the Buda side of the city so as to enjoy the view from the room for that first evening/morning.

"Moderate priced" is a highly subjective term but occasional 'good' deals can be found at the Hilton in the Castle District. Being up on castle hill it has great views if you take a room overlooking the Danube.

…hilton.com/en_US/…index.do

My wife recently stayed at the Novotel Danube which is opposite the Parliament. Not much character but large rooms with nice views over the Danube.

accorhotels.com/accorhotels/fichehotel/gb/no…

Budapest is highly compact and very walkable in terms of most tourist sites and attractions and if you don't want to walk then public transport is excellent (get a 3 or 7 day pass) and even taxis are pretty cheap.

So if you're not going for the first-night views from the Buda side, any ole hotel will do really.

hope this was of some use,

CP

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
314 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one night stay prior to check in at Four Seasons...

I would also suggest staying on the Buda side for your first night. One of the best values is the Charles Apt. House (charleshotel.hu). Easy walk over to Jubileumi Park and then hike up for a great view of the Pest side of the city.

Budapest
Level Contributor
328 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one night stay prior to check in at Four Seasons...

I'm not sure I would stay in the Castle District as the Four Seasons is just across the river from there. Yes, good views, but you'll have quick access to the Castle district during your Four Seasons stay. The Novotel Danube is also just up the river on the Buda side and within sight the Four Seasons.

You may also check out the prices and locations of the many hotels that are under the Accor Hotels umbrella (Novotel, Sofitel, Mercure, and Ibis Hotels) which will give you a lot to choose from.

The Charles Hotel is a good choice for the the budget.

If you want to be in a truly different area of the city then I'd submit the Normafa Hotel that is up in the Buda hills. It'll cost you more to get there from the airport and you're not walking distance to get to the city, but there's some good nature walks and stunning views of the city and even best is that you're near the restaurant called Bajai Halászcsárda that specializes serving up the spicy Hungarian fish soup, halászle. (my personal fave)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: one night stay prior to check in at Four Seasons...

Thanks guys, great suggestions.

I am hoping to make a decision soon...definitely want to enjoy a different part of the city.

I am sure I will be posting again soon.

Have a great day! SML

5. Re: one night stay prior to check in at Four Seasons...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 17:23