We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food and wine tasting?

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Topic
Food and wine tasting?

My boyfriend and i are going to budapest over the may bank holiday. We're keen to sample lots of local food and wines but are worried that the tourist tasting trips might be a bit of a rip off. Any ideas? Any help appreciated!

talendon
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Food and wine tasting?

Check the menu card and the prices, before you order.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Food and wine tasting?

sorry realised my message was a bit confusing. I meant the organised tours where you get to try food and wine rather than individual restaurants. Although if there are good restaurants that do tastings we'd be interested to find out.

Budapest
Level Contributor
288 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food and wine tasting?

The typical wine tasting tours are not in Budapest, but in the cellars of the wine producing regions. Would you have time to leave Budapest?

If you would like to taste good wine in Budapest, here are a few ideas:

http://www.borbirosag.com/index.php?lang=eng

or you can check the list here:

bortarsasag.hu/en/…by-the-glass

4. Re: Food and wine tasting?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 08:38