We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost camera in Budapest - help!?

St Helens, UK
2 posts
Save Topic
Lost camera in Budapest - help!?

Hi everyone

I got back from a lovely break in Budapest last night. However I have managed to leave my camera in a taxi on the last day, shortly before leaving. To add to the problem I can't remember exactly the name of the taxi company it was. I rang a few (Budataxi, Zonataxi etc) but couldn't communicate exactly what I was trying to ask. I also tried asking some local people for advice but again couldn't manage to get it across. A friend has recommended this site to me to try to see if anyone could help at all? Its not the camera I am bothered about but the pictures on it which mean an awful lot. I just feel I have to try although I know it is a long shot.

Thanks, Ann

talendon
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost camera in Budapest - help!?

Hi,

You should know the name of the taxi company.

Or your route and the exact time of your travel at least.

And the type of the car.

(And if you've order the taxi, it has mark at the companies.)

Enter into relations with the companies:

ZonaTaxi: info@zonataxi.eu

BudaTxi: ugyfelszolgalat@budataxi.hu

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
606 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lost camera in Budapest - help!?

Ann, please read the private message I sent to you.

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lost camera in Budapest - help!?

Dear AnnieMay

I feel for you. Very similarly, I hailed a taxi in the street outside the Central Synogogue in Budapest around 14.45 hrs on Tuesday May 13 2008 to take us to the Gundel Restaurant.

Regrettably I left my digital camera in the back of this tax, in its brown padded case containing a spare battery for the camera and all my memory cards containing photos taken on the camera since I bought it 2-3 years ago.

I would be very happy just to retrieve my memory cards and have the photos taken of Budapest, its environs and the wedding I attended whilst there sent to me by email, I would not insist on the return of the camera, case and battery!

I will follow the advice left by any responses here and wish you well in the recovery of your camera. I very much hope I will recover at least my pictures too!

Best wishes.

St Helens, UK
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lost camera in Budapest - help!?

Thank you so much to everyone from this forum who has tried to help me. Unfortunately I have not got very far but I am persevering! I am just wondering if there are any taxi companies who are more likely to pick up on the street than others? We got in just by the Zold Pardon outside club, does a certain company go around here?

AnnieMay

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lost camera in Budapest - help!?

There is a special tourist police station near Vorosmarty Ter. They may be able to help you. Though they did not ultimately get it back, that's where my friends reported their stolen camera.

Budapest
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Lost camera in Budapest - help!?

Hi . . althoght its abit late but try u`ll never loose .. I`m living in Budapest.. and these are the nombers of the companies.. where u can ask about ur lost camera because usually when u loose somthing in ataxi after asking it from acompany they keep it..

+3611111111

+3612222222

+3615555555

+3617777777 (radio taxi)

+3613655555 (zona taxi)

+3612000000

+3614444444

these are the mostly used or atleast most of the companies..

good luck

7. Re: Lost camera in Budapest - help!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 21:18