We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public transport travel pass

Italy
Level Contributor
600 posts
1 review
Save Topic
public transport travel pass

Is it possible to buy a 14 days travel pass at the nearest to the airport metro terminal or there are special places where these are sold? Do I need a foto for this fortnightly pass? Thank you

Hide
Travellers interested in this topic also viewed...
Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Pecs, Budapest
Level Contributor
4,731 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: public transport travel pass

6688, I don't think there are 14-day travel cards.

The nearest metro station where you can get any travel card involves gettin a bus first to get there, unless you are arriving at Term 1 and can get a train into Nyugati.More information is here:

http://www.bkv.hu/english/jegyek/index.html

That will tell you where (and at what times) you can buy 7 day travel cards. You won't need a separate foto for them.

Hope that helps.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: public transport travel pass

I think there *is* a 14 day pass, but it is only sold at certain stations and requires some extra forms of identification, including something like 4 passport sized photos.

I don't think the money savings over 2x 7 day passes is worth the extra hassle. Sorry I can't give you more concrete details, but this is what I remember.

Budapest
Level Contributor
288 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: public transport travel pass

You need a pass with a photo for the 14-day travel pass, the pass itself has some minimal cost, 200 forint, I think. According to BKV website, the 14-day pass is 5300 HUF, so compared to the 4000 forint weekly pass, it's a good deal.

4. Re: public transport travel pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 09:21