We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Kalvin House , Budapest

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
4 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Kalvin House , Budapest

Any comments regarding this hotel would be welcome, as we are considering staying there in January. Thanks

London, UK
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Kalvin House , Budapest

Hi there

I wondered if you had been yet - we travel at the weekend and are booked in there - sould appreciate any comments!

Cardiff
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Kalvin House , Budapest

I found it on Trip Advisor - don't know if you've seen it - ranked no. 130 out of 151. It doesn't sound great to be honest, even for a budget hotel...

London, UK
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Kalvin House , Budapest

Staying tonight so will let you know. We've opted for a suite so let's see! Better than being in drab London I hope...

London, UK
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Kalvin House , Budapest

Highly recommend this hotel. I am a bit of a boutique snob myself but my boyfriend insisted on the budget option - we loved it. The location is great, the rooms enormous and the best bath tub. We felt a bit like we were in a spy movie and Budapest is all about faded grandeur - you have it here. And the city is just lovely.

Clydebank, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Kalvin House , Budapest

Has anyone been to Kalvin House recently? Four of us are booked in for last weekend in Oct so any recent reviews & opinions would be appreciated. thanks

London, UK
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Kalvin House , Budapest

Hi there

I went in January. It's great value for money but not at all boutique-y or anything. We felt as if we were in a py film whilst there - it's very retro. The location is excellent and the staff fairly helpful.

Enjoy Budapest.

Rebekah

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
95 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Kalvin House , Budapest

You shouldn't be disappointed. Location is great, you don't want or need a car as parking and driving is tough, but public transport is all around you. Breakfast was ordinary but the market was right next door which I really preferred anyway for local atmosphere and taste. We stayed in mid-October. Enjoy!

Clydebank, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Kalvin House , Budapest

apologies to all - should have updated you all - stayed Kalvin House Oct 2005. Four of us stayed - 2 in a great big room with old polished furniture which had oodles of room, and 2 were in a pokey wee room at the top of the house - suite like but very small & cramped. Entrance would put you off - but we peeked into quite a few of the rooms and they all looked marvellous - polished wood floors, old wooden bedsteads, large polished wood wardrobes & furniture. Staff extremely helpful & pleasant. All in all - for the budget travellor, well worth the money. Breakfast was most satisfactory as well!

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
593 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Kalvin House , Budapest

Don't know why this hotel is ranked so low on here, I stayed in March 06 and found it to be great value, clean and spacious. I know what you mean about a spy movie, I was thinking it would be easy to see how it was back in the communist days staying in this area, but that added to the atmosphire for me. Highly reccomended place to stay.