We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels in the "centre" of Budapest

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
hotels in the "centre" of Budapest

Hi can you help please.. looking for a good hotel not 5* not necessariy 4* even... Good B&B would do but a central one... can anyone advise please...

Not even sure of the area i am looking but know it needs to be close to the touristy things we will need to see..

Also does anyone know of a tour guide.. any suggestions of what is a must do would be helpful.

2 couples ( 1 x 50's the other in 60's) but good on our feet!!

Looking at visiting in March for 4 nights.

Apprecaite any advise you can give ..thank you

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,538 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels in the "centre" of Budapest

Among hotels in the center of the city I have not found a bicer place or a better value than the Gerloczy - a flat 85 Euros/night for a room for two plus 10 Euros/person for breakfast, year-round. Absolute center of the city, lovely rooms, small and caring hotel.

But for two couples, that takes you up to 170 Euros + breakfast and for that money you can more or less take your choice of 2 bedroom apartments in the center of the city. If that option interests you, look at Vacation Rentals in the lefthand column or on http://vrbo.com or on http://homelidays.com (the latter two have a very large number of listings). You are looking early enough to more or less get your choice of places.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels in the "centre" of Budapest

Thank you John apprecaite your response.. Just been speaking to my husband about an apartment before I saw your reply.... I think he would like a hotel with a bar to be honest so that he and the other guy can have a drink at the end of the day whilst the women take off to bed because we're shattered!!!!

BUT I will look at the sites you have recommended because at the end of the day cash is cash and we need to spend it wisely.. Location is important to me though...and lots of other holidays to plan!!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels in the "centre" of Budapest

Any idea on how to SAVE questions/answers.. used to do it with the old layout easiily but now ??????

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels in the "centre" of Budapest

Another question... Is there only one airport in Budapest (that either easyjet or ryanair fly into\) and also any idea how mucha taxi will be from the airport to lets say a central hotel..thanks

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,899 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels in the "centre" of Budapest

Hi Unsure,

The easy ones - there is only one airport in Budapest where commercial traffic lands - Ferihegy. This is where you will come into. The taxi system is easy upon arrival. The approved airport taxi "Zona Taxi" will whisk your party to downtown. Their stand is right outside the exit doors. Takes about 30 minutes and the ride will cost about 5000HuF. You will receive a receipt at the taxi stand, so there will be no delta from the receipt unless you want to add a tip.

Concerning 4 and 5 * hotels. Here are some I would recommend you look into: Four Seasons at Gresham Palace, Le Meridien, Intercontinental, Marriott, and Kempinski. All located in city center on Pest side. The Marriott, Intercontinental and Gresham Palace all offer excellent views of the riverside, palace, chain bridge, etc. With hotel bookings down 10%+ this year, you should be able to lock in decent rates.

Enjoy your planning and visit to Budapest.

Jeremy

Albany, Ga. USA
Level Contributor
596 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels in the "centre" of Budapest

Hello JeremyFoy or anyone, how does the Sofitel on Roosevelt ter 2 compare to these other hotels mentioned in your post? 1bull

Barcelona
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels in the "centre" of Budapest

We stayed in a really great flat which was very central, quiet and near the subway and tram to get about town. It had two huge double bedrooms and a great kitchen and living room. Maybe you should take a look..

www.budapestflat4rent.com

the owner was very helpful and it was super for us

good luck with your trip

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,899 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotels in the "centre" of Budapest

1bull:

The Sofitel is situated in the heart of the city, across the street from the Gresham Palace and Intercontinental hotel and within a 7 iron from the Chain Bridge and river. From a location standpoint you cannot beat it and it will make a great base camp for exploring the city.

Really, there is really only one reason I do not recommend the Softiel. I simply have not frequented it enough and when I have it didn't jump out as great. I have never stayed there either. But....I do stay in Sofitels in other cities and enjoy my stays. This location appears busy enough. One item I would note is to request a room with a river view when booking. It would be a shame to stay in the hotel and not have a great view. By the way, all of the rooms in the Marriott and Intercontinental have river views....(but how much time will you spend in your room looking out the window anyway?)

All the best.

Jeremy

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotels in the "centre" of Budapest

Jeremy thank you ... you have been most helpful.... but ideally not wanting a 4 or 5* unless we have to pay that price range for something good... any idea on the B&B front which is central please?

Vitoria, ES
Level Contributor
54 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotels in the "centre" of Budapest

My husband and I are just back from Budapest. We stayed at City Hotel Matyas. Very well located, close to Vaci utca, Gellert Hill, Elizabeth Bridge...

The hotel room is simple, but clean, quiet and breakfast is included and is very nice. Staff is helpful and you have free acces to internet.

We made reservations through

http://www.budapesthotelreservation.hu/

and we got free 24-hour tickets for the Hop on Hop off city tour, which was very nice. You have audio guides that explain everything and you just hop off wherever you feel like. Then you just get on the bus again and go on with the tour.