We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wanna see Szentendre, will be staying in Budapest

Queens Village, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Wanna see Szentendre, will be staying in Budapest

Actually im going with a tour to budapest, allover central europe tour, Now they have a optional excursion to see the city of Szentendre for like 60 bucks, have a feeling i could do it on my own for way cheaper. Only thing is im a little retarded when it comes to directions, lol. How much would a train be to get there?usd? How would i get there? Where would I catch this train? and what would be the stop I get off at? Im so confused . I looked at a metro map and couldnt find the cit named Szentendre. Help,lol

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
258 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wanna see Szentendre, will be staying in Budapest

To Szentendre go a Suburban train, called "HEV" operated by BKV. ( Budapest Public Tarnsport)

http://www.bkv.hu/hev/bsz.pdf

bkv.hu/downloads/…BP-metro_HUN_20090112.pdf

green line=HEV ( Urban train) on the north part of map, From Batthyany ter to Szentendre irany(direction)

If you have BKV travel pass ( Budapest underground, tram, bus) , you have to buy "supplemental" = "kiegeszito" ticket to Szentendre. ~400 Forint / direction

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
351 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wanna see Szentendre, will be staying in Budapest

You can't miss! Especially with the help of the first reply to your question!

Just take the re line (M2) to Batthyany ter. Go up escalator to mezzanine level. I assume the ticket office for the HEV is still there as you exit. Get round-trip tickets to Szentendre (thye should understand that you only need to pay for the portion of the journey outside of Budapest - if you show them your public transportation pass, if any. Go to the nearby track and be sure to take the train to Szentendre (so you don't have to get off at the interim stop where the other HEV train ends). At the last stop you have to walk to the end of the station and go through the passageway under highway 11. Keep walking ten minutes or so on the local street and you will arrive in the center of town at the monument in Fo ter. Try to get a guide book/ pamphlet/map.

Also consider the outdoor ethnographic village museum (Skanzen) outside of town, reached by bus. Check out other postings by many on this site (mine included) about this interesting addition to a full day excursion to Szentendre.

3. Re: Wanna see Szentendre, will be staying in Budapest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2010, 06:25