We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snow in February?

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
snow in February?

Does it usually snow in Mid February? Will it be white and pretty or cold and slushy?

(trying to convince my wife to go)

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,953 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snow in February?

Hi Carhirer,

Budapest central will not be pretty and covered with snow in February - or that's at least my forecast from years of gray winters. Snow here typically comes and goes (in the city center) in a few days. Of course, there are exceptions. Now - the hills in the city and in the surrounding areas have a good chance at having some snow. Normafa, a hilly section of Buda is very nice in the winter when snow is on the ground and I highly recommend having a walk, grabbing some hot wine and taking a ski lift ride.

Want "pretty", although that may be a stretch in any season - I prefer spring time when the trees and flowers are blooming. April time frame.....

Good luck!

Jeremy

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,857 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snow in February?

It will likely be cold, but may or may not be icy, slushy, snowy, or clear. Wintry and not unlike the UK or NYC or Paris...

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: snow in February?

Hey John what about Dec 15-20 in NYC and early March Budapest.. do you think I will get use of my skil jacket and trousers.. not for skiing just to keep me warm and dry!!!

I hear NYC is mild at the moment?

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,857 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: snow in February?

december will likely be cold both places, but one never knows...

March? In like a lion ...

It's been unseasonably mild both in NY and BP, but there have been cold and grey days as well thus far

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: snow in February?

thanks John .. in nyc this time next week..... cant wait!

6. Re: snow in February?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2010, 06:17