We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Six days in Budapest. How much money do I need to take?

1 post
Save Topic
Six days in Budapest. How much money do I need to take?

Me and my boyfriend are going to Budapest in January, and were wondering how much money we should be thinking of taking? We are planning to do all the general touristy things like go to the baths, go on some tours, walks, sightseeing etc. and also go out for a couple of nice meals as it will be our anniversary when we our out there and some bars/ clubs on maybe two of the nights.

I have no idea on how much to take as I have never been before and would like to know a general amount that I need to exchange.

Oh and finally, is it best to exchange here or when we get over there?

Thank you!

Sfumature di Budapest
Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours
Budapest TukTuk
Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours
Tourist Angel
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Walking Tours
Budapest Wonderguides
Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Six days in Budapest. How much money do I need to take?

How much money to take is always a tricky question, since each person's travel style and budget are totally different. That said, you might find some guidance from these recent threads:

And you should be able to find entry fees for individual sights online or in a guidebook.

Definitely exchange in BP, typically just using an ATM is best (though look into your bank's fees), you'll find some further discussion by checking the Top Question "What is the local currency and what is the best way to exchange it?" (right hand side of every forum page)

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
8,159 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Six days in Budapest. How much money do I need to take?

Nyuszi's advice is excellent.

If you are looking for a ballpark estimate and don't include the cost of lodging, I'd say it's easy to get by on 50 Euros/day/person and that one can get by quite comfortably, even somewhat luxuriously, on 100 Euros/day/person. If one is being frugal, you might be able to stay within 30/day/person but might not be able to have any upmarket meals or have more than one drink at the bars on the two nights you head out.

3. Re: Six days in Budapest. How much money do I need to take?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2010, 05:20