We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food And Beer Prices

MAnchester
Level Contributor
272 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Food And Beer Prices

Hello,

We are visitingBudapest from Vienna Or Bratislava in July. We are after information regarding prices of beer and food in Bratislava as its our first time and we have no idea??

Also is it cheaper than Krakow?

I would really appreciate your help and replies.

Thankyou

Phil

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,643 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food And Beer Prices

Do you mean Bratislava - in which case you are on the wrong forum - or Budapest ?

MAnchester
Level Contributor
272 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food And Beer Prices

Hello,

Sorry I meant Budapest Prices.

Thanks

Phil

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,744 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food And Beer Prices

These days, whether a place is cheaper or more expensive than another depends as much as anything, likely more than most things, on the relative exchange rates between your home currency and those of the countries you are comparing. A draft beer pint in Budapest can be anywhere from about 200 HUF to over 1000, depending on the venue; i'd say expect to spend 400-600 if you want english spoken and an atmosphere that included something beyond dour old men staring into their brews and arguing politics with each other (or college kids hanging out between classes); cheap lunches abound ... if you order the posted menu and look around places other than Vaci utca, you'll find meals as low as 600 HUF for three courses; for dinner, expect to pay rather more but still under 2000 HUF can get you a decent meal

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food And Beer Prices

You'll also find some good old threads that cover this topic in the Top Question "How much money should I bring/budget?" - Top Questions are on the right hand side of the forum pages.

High Spen, UK
Level Contributor
322 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food And Beer Prices

The beer in supermarkets is cheaper than Krakow, the beer in pubs roughly the same (but do take John's answer in to consideration, my rule is never pay more than 550fts for a beer, 600 at a push in places like Szimpla). Food roughly the same as Krakow in average restaurants, the lunch deals much much cheaper than Krakow and far more places to choose from too. I am talking Pest, not Buda which is more expensive. Overall I find Budapest cheaper but I would do alot of cooking (and drinking!) in the apartment.

6. Re: Food And Beer Prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2010, 05:18