We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carlton Hotel or Hotel Burg

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Carlton Hotel or Hotel Burg

As a solo female traveler, I'll be in Budapest for two nights in October. Based on a number of factors I think I've narrowed down my choice to either the Carlton Hotel or Hotel Burg on the Buda side.

Happy for any opinions my fellow TA might have.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
314 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carlton Hotel or Hotel Burg

I can't comment on Hotel Burg, but the Carlton Budapest is a fine choice. The hotel is nestled in a tiny cobblestone alley in Buda's Watertown district and directly beneath Buda Castle. It has seven floors, but only the rooms on the top floor have views. If you decide on this hotel, try and reserve in advance either room no. 706, which has a view of the castle, or room no. 707, which overlooks Matthias Church. Other rooms on the seventh floor still offer a pleasing vista of the red-tiled Buda rooftops.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Pecs, Budapest
Level Contributor
4,695 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carlton Hotel or Hotel Burg

If the Buda side doesn't bother you, have you looked at the Gellert? I' ve stayed there every year (2004-2009) and have found it very convenient for public transport. (I too am a female solo traveller.)

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,744 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carlton Hotel or Hotel Burg

i weigh in, pretty strongly, favoring the Pest side; but it is possible that you have specific reasons to want to stay in Buda...I'm writing on the chance that you're open to both, in which case you may want to add a place or two in Pest to your list

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carlton Hotel or Hotel Burg

If I had to choose it would be the Burg because of the location.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Carlton Hotel or Hotel Burg

So johnfarago, what are you suggestions for Pest?

6. Re: Carlton Hotel or Hotel Burg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2010, 05:17