We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

K&K Opera, Palazzo Zichy, Art Hotel--which to choose???

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
603 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
K&K Opera, Palazzo Zichy, Art Hotel--which to choose???

My husband and I enjoy local, boutique hotels versus chains. However, we will be meeting with a group at the Intercontinental in August. Yes, we could stay there but they have the normal chain vibe and charge for internet. I'm considering the K&K Opera, Palazzo Zichy or Art Hotel...and would like easy access to historical sites as well as dining/bars. We prefer to walk when possible (we're pretty fit)and enjoy a contemporary atmosphere. Also free internet available either in the lobby or rooms would be great as well as an outdoor courtyard, patio or terrace. Any comments -- or other hotels to consider???

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,061 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: K&K Opera, Palazzo Zichy, Art Hotel--which to choose???

Hi kabahr,

Nothing better than a traveler who knows what they want! Seriously, thanks for the details - it helps with responses. This actual question has been asked before, which I have answered. You may want to search my past posts.

I have stayed in both the K+K and the Art'otel. When my parents come over, I have them stay in the Art'otel because I prefer it from a settings standpoint. I prefer the Art simply because I too like to have a walk. And since most (not all) the sites and restaurants/pubs are on the Pest side, I was always guaranteed a nice scenic walk back to the hotel (Parliament, Chain Bridge). Be sure to request a river view room.

If you want "outside of your door within 5 minutes there are XX number of shops, etc, then the K+K may be a better choice. As a crow flies, the properties are only about 1 mile apart.

I am not familiar with either's WiFi policies or pricing, but I do seem to recall I wasn't thrilled about the Art's. So double check.

Hope this gets you started. Either way between the K+K and Art, you'll enjoy the surroundings.

Jeremy

Hungary
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: K&K Opera, Palazzo Zichy, Art Hotel--which to choose???

Art Hotel is on the Buda side. Nice environment, subway is about 300 meters, but not in the inner city - but if you go through the Chain bridge you are there. Nice view to the Parliament and the Pest side if you want.

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: K&K Opera, Palazzo Zichy, Art Hotel--which to choose???

If you are meeting with a group at the Intercontinental I would think that the K&K would be the easiest access to the IC. Of the three head to head, none squarely hit all your bases. The Zichy is really the only boutique hotel of the three. I'd add the Gerloczy (15rooms) to the mix. See if you can get a deal at the Corinthia or the Gellert for character and history.

4. Re: K&K Opera, Palazzo Zichy, Art Hotel--which to choose???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2010, 07:16