We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budapest Hotel with rooftop lounge/garden or balconies???

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
597 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Budapest Hotel with rooftop lounge/garden or balconies???

Currently we are booked at the K&K Opera but I noticed that the Opera Garden hotel has a rooftop lounge. Since we are coming in August when the weather should be warm, the idea of having either a lounge available for a drink or wine or a balcony would be enticing. But location is also important so that we can walk to most historic sites during our short stay. Any suggestions or input?

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
499 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budapest Hotel with rooftop lounge/garden or balconies???

I don't know much about the Opera Garden hotel, but I am sure their rooftop lounge would be open to the public so you could have a drink there anyway. Do they have any photos on their website which displays the actual views from the rooftop? Hopefully they are nice, but if you are only looking at wall and other rooftops......

The K+K has a great location and is central to all sights.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
597 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budapest Hotel with rooftop lounge/garden or balconies???

Yes...we could travel there for a drink, but we like to just stop and relax prior to getting ready for the evening. Or it's nice o bring our own bottle of wine to a terrace and take a breather.....so if we have a hotel with these options readily available, that would be an added plus.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budapest Hotel with rooftop lounge/garden or balconies???

The Opera Garden Hotel and Apartments has a Facebook site which contains photos of the roof terrace - worth checking out. The roof terrace is open to the public. I've booked for a few days at the end of July and can't wait : )

Save Reply
4. Re: Budapest Hotel with rooftop lounge/garden or balconies???

Dear Sir/ Madam,

The Opera Garden Hotel has a spacious roof terrace -with a minibar and flat screen television- which is an excellent place for relaxation.

In addition, our hotel has an exquisite location as it is very close to the main attractions such as the Parliament, the Opera House, the Szechenyi Bath and the Basilica.

We hope that you will find the information given beforehand tempting.

Kind regards,

The management

5. Re: Budapest Hotel with rooftop lounge/garden or balconies???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2011, 05:17