We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Hotel

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
220 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Hotel

Hi,

Do you have any recommendations for a decent hotel close to the airport for the two nights on my arrival and departure dates from Budapest?

Thanks

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,931 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Hotel

Hello Patuli,

The airport sits about a 30 minute cab ride from city center. At rush hour, the time can stretch to 50ish minutes. Is there any reason you specifically want to stay close to the airport?

I typically suggest staying in the center and enjoying the city. Upon arrival, you can take a taxi immediately outside of the arrivals hall. Tell them where you're going and hop in. The drivers accept Forints or Euros. For your departure, you can reserve a taxi (I prefer City Taxi) - the hotel will be happy to help.

Happy travels.

Jeremy

San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
220 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Hotel

I want to stay close to the airport because it's just a rest stop for the rest of my travel. I was in Budapest a few years ago and got to enjoy the city, this time it's just to sleep and catch connecting flights.

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,670 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Hotel

There are no real airport hotels, but there are two with free shuttle service from the otherwise utterly uninteresting locations in which they have plopped themselves. They are not less costly than the city center and only about 15 minutes closer than it would be to stay at the southern end of the city, but I am told that they are clean, comfortable and functional...

http://www.hotelstacio.hu/?f=&l=e

airporthotel.hu/airport_hotel_budapest.html…

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
475 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Hotel

We stayed at Hotel Stacio last year before our flight back to London and onwards to Sydney. The hotel is very clean, quiet with large rooms and it has a nice garden for relaxation. There is a bar and restaurant, but the food and drinks are a little overpriced. The location is essentially in the middle of nowhere, in the outer Budapest suburb of Vecses. They offer a free shuttle between the hotel and airport, which you must book in advance. It takes about 10 minutes from the hotel to the airport in the shuttle. If it is just sleep that you want, then it will deliver.

Edited: 09 November 2010, 01:27
San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
220 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Hotel

thank you. Romania bound . . . wish me luck

6. Re: Airport Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2011, 06:17