We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation Prague

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
18 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation Prague

We only have two days in Budapest in late June. We will arrive by train from Vienna and leave via airport to Paris via Easy jet. Any ideas of a good area to stay that will allow us to see the sights, buy genuine keepsakes and be close to our arrival or departure locations?

Thanks for any help.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
968 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation Prague

You are in the wrong forum!

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,538 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation Prague

No, there is no such place in budapest or, to my knowledge any other major city - as is true everywhere I know reasonably well, the train station is in the midst of a somewhat scruffy commercial area, the airport lies outside the city, and the sights tend to be rather scattered about depending on one's tastes...trinkets likely dan be had most places that tourists congregate...

More seriously, you may want to reframe your query topic to be about budapest, but before doing so check out theTop Questions that are at the top right of the main page, several of which will give you the background that either will address your question directly or allow you o narrow and frame it in a manner that is more amenable to helpful response.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,383 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation Prague

Will you be going to Prague at all (or even Budapest)? I presume that was just a bit of a typo ... :)

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
18 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation Prague

Sorry, we are going to both Prague and Budapest. I found Prague much easier to book as we are there for slightly longer and chose to stay in an apartment.

O.K. I have narrowed down some things in Budapest. We probably need to be on the Pest side: we want a hotel, preferably a small one and within easy reach of most of of the historical attractions. We are a retired couple so do not need to be right in the heart of nightlife or shopping. As you look at a map of Pest should we stay north or south of the centre, or are all things within very easy walking distances.

5. Re: Accomodation Prague

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2012, 06:22