We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budapest Caves

Midland, Michigan
Level Contributor
216 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Budapest Caves

Hi, we want to do the caves. I don't know much about it. We have to teenage boys too 13 & 14 years. What do folks recommend?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budapest Caves

Are you talking about the Labyrinth or something else?

Mentioned in this post
Labirintus
Labirintus
684 Reviews
Budapest, Hungary
Midland, Michigan
Level Contributor
216 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budapest Caves

I don't know for sure. Someone said. ......you have to do the caves and I wasn't sure what they were talking about; but we want to stay in budapest.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
141 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budapest Caves

I found some info here on cave tours:

absolutetours.com/tours/…caving-tours.html

Hungary
Level Contributor
347 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Budapest Caves

Hi,

If you want to do an easier tour in 50-60 minutes, go and see Pálvölgyi Cave.

budapest-city-guide.com/budapest-attractions…

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
614 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budapest Caves

I've visited 3 of the cave systems in and around Budapest, they are all interesting and beautiful in their own way. Can be tricky to get too as you need to use a bus and know where to get off, best to ask an English speaking local to tell you where to get off. But a visit to the hills about Budapest to see the caves is a great idea.

Mentioned in this post
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Budapest Caves

Hi! The best cave tour is: www.caving.hu or the phone number: +3620/928-4969

It's a 2.5-3 hrs long tours in the longest cave of Hungary (Pálvölgyi cave system under Hungary's capital, Budapest), you will climb on the walls, and crawl through narrow passages, but you don't need to have any previous experience in caving. You will be supplied with overalls, helmets and lights.

I was there in January, but I will come back in next year!!! It was the best and wildest tour I have ever experienced, thanks!!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Hungary
Hungary
Europe
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
London
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Budapest Caves

I still suspect that the OP might be referring to the labyrinth, which is a much bigger tourist attraction than any actual caves might be.

8. Re: Budapest Caves

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2013, 10:16