We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute Trip. Last minute Help!

London
Level Contributor
124 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute Trip. Last minute Help!

Hey Everyone...

I've just booked a last minute city break to Budapest for 3 nights staying at the Royal Park.

I need some quick help with answers to my questions;

1. Transportation. is it cheap? ive read i can buy books for 3 days. where can these be purchased. How can i go around from the airport to hotel?

2. What are the main sites to see in Budapest

3. Is Vegetrian food available?

4. how much money will we need

5. Anything special i can do for my husband's bday which is on one of the days there?

Thank you in advance for your help.

ARB9

Limo-King
Taxis & Shuttles
Cogwheel Railroad Budapest
Scenic Railroads, Taxis & Shuttles, Rail Tours
Welcome to Budapest - More than a transfer
Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Night Tours
LimoCenter
Taxis & Shuttles
Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
12,287 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute Trip. Last minute Help!

Do some searching, all of these questions are answered on the forum, including top questions in the top right of the screen.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute Trip. Last minute Help!

Answers: yes, thermal baths, yes, as much as you plan on spending, and yes.

To elaborate:

1. The mass transit system is cheap and logically arranged. Buy a 72 hour pass and don't worry about always having proper ticket money. You can buy them at the metro stops, among other places/

2. What Budapest has that no place else has are the thermal baths. Take time to go to the Szechenyi or the Gellert, which would be the best couples options. What else depends on what you're interested in, whether that be a Parliament tour, the Castle District, the House of Terror, a boat cruise. The information is available depending on your preferences.

3. There is vegetarian food available. Search in the Budapest forums with the word "vegetarian" and you should get options.

4. As far as money, there are bank ATMs conveniently located throughout the city to get cash in the national currency.

5. I don't know your husband well enough to know what special treat he would like on his birthday.

Mentioned in this post
Parliament
Parliament
30,882 Reviews
Budapest, Hungary
Bukkszek, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Eger
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute Trip. Last minute Help!

But I can probably guess a couple of answers to question number 5 ;o)

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
3,064 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute Trip. Last minute Help!

Adventure park? Gokarting? Paintball? But as a male, I find myself agreeing with Paul.

London
Level Contributor
124 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute Trip. Last minute Help!

Thank you for the quick tips.

Can we buy the 72 hour pass from the airport?

How much does tickets for the Szechenyi baths cost?

6. Re: Last minute Trip. Last minute Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 15:17