We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour of the Opera - Can I Book Online in Advance?

Level Contributor
633 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Tour of the Opera - Can I Book Online in Advance?

I plan to visit the Opera House when in Budapest. After reading the topic on how difficult it is to get tickets for the Parliament Tour on site, I was wondering if it was the same case with the Opera House Tour.

Can I reserve a ticket to visit the Opera House online, and if so, would anyone be able to please provide me with a link to the website?

I thank you in advance.

Debrecen, Hungary
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour of the Opera - Can I Book Online in Advance?

http://www.opera.hu/en/jegyinformacio

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour of the Opera - Can I Book Online in Advance?

i don't they can be booked online ... but i don't think it commonly sells out; more often, people miss the time window; time of year might make a difference also

Edited: 29 September 2011, 19:35
Level Contributor
633 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour of the Opera - Can I Book Online in Advance?

I thank you both for the website link and also for the information.

ezs
Manalapan, NJ
Level Contributor
302 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour of the Opera - Can I Book Online in Advance?

I don't know anything about whether one can tickets in advance for an opera tour, but I do know that I easily got reservations for the Parlament tour by sending an email with my dates to idegenforgalom@parlament.hu. Don't be so quickly influenced by the posts of one person.

Have a great trip,

Eve

Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,266 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour of the Opera - Can I Book Online in Advance?

I also did what ezs did and got the same results....

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour of the Opera - Can I Book Online in Advance?

I congratulate John on his good luck, but my experience has been (for many, many years) is that the tours in virtually all languages sell out very early all summer. In fact, it is becoming increasingly difficult to just walk up to the window and expect a ticket.

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour of the Opera - Can I Book Online in Advance?

donbacsi -- are you talking about Opera or Parliament? somehow this thread has turned into both

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour of the Opera - Can I Book Online in Advance?

Opera. I am getting tired of going to that little side window only to be turned away. It used to be so much easier, but now everybody wants to take the tour, and they can only accomodate a certain amout of people on each tour...and there are only a certain amount of hours in which to conduct them. I fear we have reached critical mass, and there needs to be a new system

lancashire
Level Contributor
34 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour of the Opera - Can I Book Online in Advance?

We found the tour of The Opera House dissapointing. The groups are too large so it's impossible to hear the tour-guide's commentary if you are half-way back.

It was a bit like a cattle-market with us all being herded around, bumping into other groups. If only we could have wandered round on our own, though I do realise this is impractical.

We may have been unlucky and chosen a busy time, tourist-wise, so you might find that your group will be smaller and easier to keep up with. I hope so.

10. Re: Tour of the Opera - Can I Book Online in Advance?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 20:17