We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years in Budapest-Vörösmarty

Skopje, Republic of...
1 post
Save Topic
New Years in Budapest-Vörösmarty

My boyfriend and I are spending New Years in Budapest.

We want to stay on Vorosmarty Square and I still don't know what is the agenda on the square for music and activities or can somebody recommend a good pub or a cafe nearby so we can have a few beеrs on New Years?!

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
8,155 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years in Budapest-Vörösmarty

Not far away is Silenus, on Petofi utca ... or an Irish pub on Varoshaz at Pilvax koz -- Jack Doyle's, also within 3-5 minutes

In the square in front of the Basilica there are several places that might suit, also within a couple of blocks of Vorosmarty ter

at Erzsebet ter there will be a New Year's program at what is generally a pretty affordable price in the Godor Klub, with many bands and djs and tables and beers for purchase...

in the block between Vorosmarty ter and the river, overlooking the river, there are several pricey tourist cafes that are not especially welcoming and would not be worth the money, but the view and the charm of the location are extremely hard to set aside ...

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Pecs, Budapest
Level Contributor
4,757 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years in Budapest-Vörösmarty

Take alook at the 'Survival kit' thread on this forum. A lot of work went into it, and you may find a lot that is of interest.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years in Budapest-Vörösmarty

Take johnfarago's earlier suggestion: The Irish Pub - great advice! On the square, there will be a market with gift shops, beer, wine, greasy sausages etc. Head to the pub after you filled up on cheapies and had enough freezing cold!

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,171 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years in Budapest-Vörösmarty

Hi Dragana,

John's advice on Jack Doyle's is solid, but there is another long-time pub just about three blocks away from Vorosmarty ter that I have enjoyed for years - the Amstel Cafe. It has good beer on tap, quiet atmosphere (not on NYE though), they allow you to mingle forever, solid food, and reasonable prices.

Enjoy NYE.

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
65 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years in Budapest-Vörösmarty

Hi Dragana,

I suggest this website

It is my point of reference for any info concerning budapest events!

Have a nice trip!

6. Re: New Years in Budapest-Vörösmarty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2013, 10:21
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question