We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do you book for the Parliament tour?

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
264 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Where do you book for the Parliament tour?

Hello,

I am visiting Budapest in two weeks and I am planning my trip. I was wondering where do you book tickets to see the Hungarian Parliament. I went on their official website and they said something about sending a letter to an address, Surely there is a way of booking online?

I did find a tour guide site but I would want to be sure it is a legitimate site before parting with my cash.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,931 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do you book for the Parliament tour?

Hi la,

Here is the website I have suggested for use in the past for visitors, and subsequently they had success.

www.parlament.hu/angol/eng/tajekoztato.htm

Jeremy

London
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do you book for the Parliament tour?

When I visited the Hungarian parliament we just arrived shortly before the time of the tour, queued up, and got in. If you are an EU citizen the tour should be free. No need to book in advance, and no need to part with any money.

Strasburg
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where do you book for the Parliament tour?

I have been informed that the Parliament tours can now only be conducted by government guides. No more private tour guides. Is that correct?

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Where do you book for the Parliament tour?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g274887-i263-k58…

I booked a tour last week, for a few weeks time, no problem... just email the address in the link above!

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where do you book for the Parliament tour?

I stayed in Budapest last December for 5 days with my fiance and we failed to get tickets for the parliament tour (in English), it didn't matter what time we turned up, all the tickets were sold out for that day. I didn't get the impression that entrance was free though. Jonathanquinn of London comments above that it's free if you're an EU citizen. Is that correct? I've just gone to the booking site recommended by Jeremy F. www.parlament.hu/angol/eng/tajekoztato.htm

and that seems to charge 1,750 HUF for EU citizens. It looks legitimate and above-board so I'm going to go ahead and book as we're going back to beautiful Budapest this December as well.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Destination Expert
for Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where do you book for the Parliament tour?

Online booking here: jegymester.hu/eng/…Parliament-visit

It used to be free for citizens of EU but not anymore.

Grigoris

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,356 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where do you book for the Parliament tour?

Hello capricorngirl

Grigoris is spot on and has given you solid advice the free admission for EU citizens changed just this year in January so yes it is a legitimate sight.

tripadvisor.com/…46629428

Enjoy your trip Parliament is a sight to see

SEBESZ

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
745 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where do you book for the Parliament tour?

The tour is no longer free to EU citizens and to get the EU discounted price you must have your passport when purchasing the ticket. We went very early in the morning and had no difficulty purchasing tickets, however when we came out from doing the 2nd tour of the day there were crowds of people waiting. I was surprised at how big the groups were as well.

If possible, I'd recommend booking the ticket online, much more efficient use of your time and guaranteed. At the present time there is major work going on right around the perimeter of the building and the tickets are on sale in a different building (a museum if I recall correctly)

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
67 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where do you book for the Parliament tour?

The tickets are on sale at the Museum of Ethnography, which is opposite the Parliament. We turned up at 9.15 and managed to get tickets for the 12.00 tour. For those buying tickets on the day, I wouldn't recommend leaving it later than this. Just remember to take your passport/ID with you if you are an EU citizen.

10. Re: Where do you book for the Parliament tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2014, 07:18