We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prague-krakow-budapest

Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
113 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
prague-krakow-budapest

hello, we are early stages of our next trip to europe. we would like to land in prague and spend 4 nights then train to krakow for 5 nights then train to budapest for 5 nights.is there anything of concern with this idea?like maybe better to go other way around? also does anyone know how long the two train rides would be?thanks very much for any suggestions or answers

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,767 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: prague-krakow-budapest

That's a lot of time in Prague and Krakow.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: prague-krakow-budapest

The best site for plotting train travel is bahn.de. This is the link to the English language pages: http://www.bahn.de/i/view/USA/en/index.shtml

You're doing a triangle, so there's no obvious logical progression. Choose your direction based on what you prefer as far as the train departure times.

USA
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: prague-krakow-budapest

i never thought i would say this but i agree with John AGAIN.

Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
113 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: prague-krakow-budapest

thanks for everyones help.gar

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: prague-krakow-budapest

Normally I would say two days is enough to see Prague, but since you are flying in from Canada you will probably be jet-lagged. So, and extra day there just to get your bearings. Three to four days in Krakow (depending on how much time your trains will take) which I consider much more interesting than Prague. The rest in Budapest. You will know why the moment you get your first glimpse of the castle, the bridges, the Basilica and the Parliament. If by some odd chance you get bored(impossible) you can hop the morning train to Vienna, look at the cathedral, tour the palace, eat a schnitzle and zoom back "home" to B-pest on the late afternoon/evening train.

6. Re: prague-krakow-budapest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 20:21