We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beautician in Budapest

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
80 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Beautician in Budapest

Any recommendations for a good beautician in centre of city? Are they attached to hotels or spas? Thank you

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,997 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beautician in Budapest

Being bald and male i likely don't qualify as an expert personally, but two good friends have used the same place and been very pleased ... dead center in the 5th, a block or two north of Ferenciek tere on Petofi utca ... at the pedestrian lane Harris Koz, there's a hair shop with a green sign ... i think it says Bio and Apple or Alma or something like that ... the staff speak english (at least some do) and both people i know walked in and were able to be served swiftly enough

There are also beauty salons in some of the 5-star hotels if that is your preference ... pretty certain that the InterContinental has one

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beautician in Budapest

Virtually all the five star hotels should have a salon...that is one reason they have five stars. Regarding the local salons. I don't know of the one John recommended, but I have spent too many hours as Travelling Companion looked for a place for a make over or touch up. From my outsiders viewpoint the rule seems to be you look at the styles in the windows and go into the place that looks like they do your style/age group. This seems to be true in B-pest and even in the smaller cities. They will generally "fit you in" or have a miraculous cancellation as soon as they determine you are a visitor. They will anticipate you will give at least the standard tip for services there which is 10%. However, if you see a few local ladies waiting their turn and you are swept into a chair, count on AT LEAST 15% if not more depending on the level of care you are given.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,018 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beautician in Budapest

Hi again IJJ,

Like John, my good hair days are fading fast......but before I took to clipping my own, I went to the LeMeridien for years. The salon is on the "backside" of the hotel with an outside entrance. I used to have Krisztina cut my hair and she did a fine job (I think!)

Jeremy

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
80 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beautician in Budapest

Thanks everybody. Good tips

5. Re: Beautician in Budapest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 04:42