We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

large luxury apartment

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
243 reviews
Save Topic
large luxury apartment

after 3 trips to budapest in 11 years to hotels ,we are thinking of going in june with extended family and to this end realistically we need a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment

we have m/f 73/68 m/f 44/44 m40 child 9

we would require good connections to the metro,luxury fixtures and obviously fairly central

I know I can look on the vacation rentals page but there are so many helpful people on the budapest forums I thought I would ask here first

many thanks

tony

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,901 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: large luxury apartment

Hey Tony.....good to see you and the family are headed back......I'm not an apartment expert - apologies - let's see what the others say. However, I have used Home Away in the past....may be worth a look to balance the others opinions you'll receive. homeaway.com/vacation-rentals/…r169

Best,

Jeremy

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: large luxury apartment

since my wife and i rent several apartments in Budapest to guests, you'll have to rely on others for specific recommendations, but I thought it might be useful for me to add a few words to Jeremy's observation:

Homeaway as a parent company is the mother ship for by far the largest conglomerate of vacation rentals in the world. It owns http://homeaway.com as well as http://vrbo.com and http://homelidays.com and http://holiday-rentals.co.uk and http://fewo-direkt.com ... of these, all have different and overlapping listings, and I believe that VRBO and Homelidays have the widest range of Budapest listings

In addition, they face stiff competition from Flipkey, TA's company, which provides all the listings on TA when you click on Vacation Rentals in the link at the top left. FlipKey/TA has the dominant number of listings in Budapest, I believe and in most ways the best search utilities and review gathering mechanism among a llm of these sites. But I may be prejudiced as a DE here on TA.

All of these are the same business model: owners and managers pay to list on the site, renters contact owners directly, the website gets no commission.

They are now competing globally against companies with a different business model: http://airbnb.com and http://wimdu.com both of which charge commissions and do not permit direct communication between owners and renters (for fear that commissions will be dodged if the middleman can be cut out of the loop). Because of that distancing, in a business that is all about building trust, I personally find it a much worse business model. But there are many listings on these sites and they are much more diverse (though mostly at the low end).

The third primary business model involves local or global broker websites ... also commission-based, they have a smaller number of listings and seek to channel business to their specific holdings; often these sites are owned/run by property managers who also provide other management services for the flats.

Finally, there are many, many sites that are informational vehicles for specific owners or managers, listing one or two or at most a small handful of apartments. These have the most limited range, obviously, but often provide the most information about each flat. I tend to think of them as supplemental information sources when I am looking to rent in a city where I don't know people.

You are looking for a pretty rare phenomenon in Budapest ... that combination of 4 bedrooms, spaciousness, and luxury, all located in the city center is a scarce commodity, but they are out there. Others may have specific suggestions.

luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: large luxury apartment

cheers guys i knew you 2 and others would know :)

I dont suppose i would mind being a little out as long as public transport links agree good,I have driven in budapest before and like all capital cities it was a pain driving and parking

will look into the suggestions thanks

tony

USA
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: large luxury apartment

You might also look for multiple apartments n the same building. When is this trip?

Scotland
Level Contributor
265 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: large luxury apartment

Hi Tony,

As you already know, Bp is not short of great holiday rental apartments but if it's any help, check out budapestvacationrentals who, subject to availability, have apartments which should well fit your criteria. They are owned by a regular contributor to this forum so although they can't blow their own trumpet, I can.

Cheers, and have a great time.

luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: large luxury apartment

just an update really ,thanks to all those who responded and their are some beautiful apartments but none could fulfill our needs for 4 completely separate bedrooms

it amazed me that on the vacation rentals page here on TA that many place claimed to be "4 bed sleeps 9" when in fact they only have 2 real bedroom and sofa beds in the lounge or such

although we are an extended family we would all like our own space

i did surf on in to john and friends apartments and for maybe 3 of us it would be perfect,but with 4 seniors coming it would be too much

anyway we have booked into the palazzo zichy for a week at the end of june so we will see how TAs number 1 hotel in BP shapes up

many thanks for all the tips people

regards tony

Surfers Paradise
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: large luxury apartment

You will love Budapest. Try Tower Apartment through the Flipkey website. The owner, Peter, is extremely accommodating and has a couple of apartments he can offer. We stayed in his one bedroom apartment and it was immaculate. He is prompt in all responses too.

Have fun.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,637 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: large luxury apartment

We got a great apartment deal with www.ownersdirect.co.uk

luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: large luxury apartment

the tower looks real nice but again as i stated it only has 2 actual bedrooms?

money was not really an issue just the need for 4 separate bedrooms and a living room and 2/bathrooms

I dont like sleeping on couch settes no matter hhow comfortable they claim to be

anyway thanks for the tips but its the palazzo zichy for us this time

regards tony

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: large luxury apartment

Hi While looking for large apartments we came across this one its 4 bedrooms

flipkey.com/budapest-condo-rentals/p203814/

Hope this helps