We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is MTK Hungaria and how close to city centre?

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
buel10
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where is MTK Hungaria and how close to city centre?

Hi,

My girlfriend and I are coming to Budapest on June 1 to watch MTK Hungaria play on June 2.

We are looking to book a hotel but I would prefer a hotel that is not too far away from the stadium as I am hoping to have a good look around the stadium (it was in a film that I really like).

Please can someone tell me where the stadium is and is it close to the centre? ie- In Buda or Pest?

buel10
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is MTK Hungaria and how close to city centre?

Also, please could i ask when the football season starts again in 2012 as actually coming over on our bank holiday weekend(June 1-5) makes things quite awkward for us.

Thank you.

buel10
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is MTK Hungaria and how close to city centre?

Hello, anyone?

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is MTK Hungaria and how close to city centre?

Ok the stadium is called Hidekuti Nandor stadium and yes saw they used it in a film you mentioned. This is the buda side and on the way towards the Budapest suburb of Solymar. Half the distance can be reached by tram followed by bus about 15 minutes from Moskva or Moscow ter. Can you come back with an idea of budget for your hotel and how many nights will be happy then to recomen some.

buel10
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is MTK Hungaria and how close to city centre?

Thank you for your kind help.

Ok, we are looking to keep costs down to a minimum, maybe thinking of around £200 but are not sure of 2 or 3 nights

The flights for that date come to around £340 for both of us

Please can I ask would staying in Pest be a disadvantage for us if we plan to see the stadium?

Please can I also ask when the football season starts again? (This week of June 1-5 is more expensive for us so we are not sure what to do)

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,920 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is MTK Hungaria and how close to city centre?

Hi buel,

The stadium is located in the 8th district of Budapest on the PEST side, not the Buda as previously noted. I shared the full address below.

For 250ish Euro (although local currency is Hungarian Forint...you may want to look at a few addresses - but obviously 2 or 3 nights makes a difference. All of these locations are in/close to city center and are solid: Art'Otel, Gerloczy, Castle Garden, and Marriott Courtyard. All a bit different, but should be close to your budget.....if no, check back.

The season will kick-off again in August (pre-season), and then regular will go in September (if 2012 is like past seasons)

Salgótarjáni út 12-14

1087 Budapest

Hungary

Phone: +36-1-333-8368

Jeremy

buel10
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is MTK Hungaria and how close to city centre?

Wow!! Thank you, as ever, Jeremy.

You are very kind to help me out the way you do!!

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is MTK Hungaria and how close to city centre?

Whoops..sorry about that and Jeremy is of course right. Not being a big soccer fan had the name of the stadium right, but googled the section of Budapest called Hidegkut! So abviously staying in Pest is fine and for hotels or pensions in the price range you mention there are so many possibilities that I would suggest looking at TA hotel ratings to choose you do have plenty of time!

buel10
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where is MTK Hungaria and how close to city centre?

No problem and thank you.

9. Re: Where is MTK Hungaria and how close to city centre?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 08:17