We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Danube Ferries

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Danube Ferries

Is there a slow ferry from bratislavia to Budapest ?

We don't want go on a hydrofoil

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Danube Ferries

Hi bA,

I just asked this to a couple of friends here - and the 3 of us only know of the hydrofoil. I'm sorry to answer the post without a positive answer, but we are all interested as well. The question for us is the timing as no doubt it would take the better part of a day......I will do some more digging and come back and look at other posts as well.

Until then.

Jeremy

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,958 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Danube Ferries

That's all I'm aware of as well ... though i have to say that if it's any consolation the hydrofoil seems pretty slow to me as it is ... as well as uncomfortable and unappealing

Szada, Pest, Hungary
Level Contributor
425 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Danube Ferries

As I saw the website of the boat company, the hydrofoil between Vienna and BP does not stop in Bratislava anymore.

There is a slow boat from Esztergom to Budapest on the evenings. What you can do to take a train from Bratislava to Sturovo, take a taxi (the station lies ~3 km from the centre) and go to Esztergom which is on the other side of the Danube.

Info about the boat:http://www.mahartpassnave.hu/webset32.cgi?MAHART@@EN@@112@@283577297

4. Re: Danube Ferries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 21:40