We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wifi In Budapest

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
191 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Wifi In Budapest

Just wondering if someone could tell me what the WIFI availability is like in Budapest. We are staying on Vaci Utca, and although we have free WIFI in our apartment I am just wondering what the general availability is like around the city....Data roaming from ireland is soooooo expensive!

Thanks folks!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wifi In Budapest

Dublingirl

You can find free wifi in many places across the city....here's a website to give you an indication.....http://www.hotspotter.hu/en/

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,014 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wifi In Budapest

Hey Dublingirl,

A couple of places right on Vaci offer free WiFi as well. Ou van sit outside and enjoy a beverage at Anna Cafe nearer to the Vorosmarty ter end. Or sit in the McDonalds cafe, or any McDonalds across the city.

Enjoy.

Jeremy

Level Contributor
3 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wifi In Budapest

Yes many places offer wifi. If it is secured, you can ask for the password.

USA
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wifi In Budapest

If i must do some work, while i have wifi in the apartment my preference id to go to the coffee shop at the Paris Dept Store down the street. What a wonderfully civilized place!

Budapest, Hungary
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wifi In Budapest

In general, every restaurant, hotel, shopping center, and central locations in the with free wifi.

USA
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wifi In Budapest

I think the metro has wifi as well. i seem to remember some news articles late last year promoting it.

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,996 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wifi In Budapest

i wouldn't count on wifi on the Metro ... i believe those articles were about data access and were about mobile phone access not wifi:

budapesttimes.hu/2011/…

and they were company-specific

8. Re: Wifi In Budapest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 20:17