We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi cost - Bus Stn Nepliget to Vorsomarthy Sq ?

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC
Level Contributor
80 posts
189 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi cost - Bus Stn Nepliget to Vorsomarthy Sq ?

We are arriving from Vienna on Eurolines bus ( at 5PM), which stops at Nepliget in Budapest. What would be the cost of a taxi from Nepliget to Vorsomarthy Sq ?

I understand that it is challenging to take the roadside taxis. Does someone know a specific driver ( with a phone number) who maybe able to speak english, and has had a good experience with. Or any other ideas on how to get a taxi at Nepliget.

I have read it is quite easy to reach Vorsomarthy Sq ( where we are staying) by metro, but we may be quite tired having arrived by flight from US and then been on the bus.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,918 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi cost - Bus Stn Nepliget to Vorsomarthy Sq ?

Hey USA,

Getting taxi's here is really simple. All you have to do is dial the number, advise them your name and location and in a few minutes the cab will arrive. Tell the driver your name (to ensure you are the right person) and off you go. By in large most all drivers understand English from the large taxi companies, although the may not be conversationally fluent.

I have used (and still do) City Taxi for 15ish years now. I use them weekly. They are highly reliable, they arrive within minutes (5-10), take credit cards including American Express and are safe. When you arrive, dial +36.1.211.1111. The operator will speak English - give them the requested information and a taxi will be sent. http://www.citytaxi.hu/

The ride to Vorosmarty ter will be about 3500 HuF, give or take a bit. If you like the service, add another 10ish%. If using credit card, add the tip amount to the fare and tell the driver that final amount.

While you're here in the city, use the same practice by calling a cab (do not ever hail one from the curb since the taxi's are unregulated). If you are in a restaurant/pub, you can ask the host to call you a City Taxi to save you the phone call expense.

Enjoy the great city of Budapest.

Jeremy

Edited: 07 June 2012, 21:44
nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,626 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi cost - Bus Stn Nepliget to Vorsomarthy Sq ?

Everyone is different so none of us can tell you what to do. Jeremy has neatly nailed the description of the very simple way to get a reliable taxi.

If you would prefer to have a taxi waiting for your arrival, the guy I use, whom I mention here regularly, is Alajos Pulai, pulai31@gmail.com , but there are many others just as there are quite a number of taxi companies (like Jeremy, my preference has been City Taxi for over a decade, and I believe I have reasons for that but they are matters of taste and intuition, nothing wildly demonstrable). Alajos has proven himself to be reliable and honest and helpful over and over again over the years, so I continue to be a loyal customer of his.

The third option is metro, which is in fact simple; there's a metro stain at the bus station, go in the direction of Ujpest; get off at Deak ter; transfer to the yellow metro (hang on to your validated ticket, you can make the transfer by showing that ticket at the transfer point and at Vorosmarty ter, if asked); take it in the direction of Vorosmarty ter; get out at Vorosmarty ter.

Likely metro is fastest, or perhaps a driver waiting for you might beat it by a hair.

Personally, I'd call a taxi, but I'm comfortable with the city now and have it pretty much down. If, instead, i were heading someplace new, I think i personally would arrange for a car. But my best travel friend would surely take the metro...

ball's in your court...

Washington DC
Level Contributor
80 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi cost - Bus Stn Nepliget to Vorsomarthy Sq ?

Thanks guys. I personally would take the metro....never scared to try a new place! but since I have 5 others with me, I ordered a taxi.

California, Maryland
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi cost - Bus Stn Nepliget to Vorsomarthy Sq ?

I would fully agree with others

I tried Budapest taxi's a guy called Pulai who i found to be good to his word

Excellent communication I emailed him with our flight details

He was waiting at the airport for us even though we arrived late he was there like a faithful servant and as we booked a round trip of Airport to Opera and back 3 days later he didnt let us down and also responded quickly to emails i sent to confirm things

€46 round trip

http://Budapestairportaxi.com/

I fully recommend this company

5. Re: Taxi cost - Bus Stn Nepliget to Vorsomarthy Sq ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 23:42