We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking in Normafa

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Walking in Normafa

I've booked a week at the Hotel Normafa later this month and have done lots of useful research about Budapest on Trip Advisor. I would like to spend a couple of days just walking in the Buda Hills in Normafa and seeing the views and taking a trip on the Children's Railway and the Chairlift. Is there a local map available showing walking trails and is there a local shop to buy picnic food etc?.

Many Thanks

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,931 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking in Normafa

Hi Helena-Mary,

My thought is the hotel has a map, but if not, there are maps within the park (Normafa), and quite honestly the trails are very well marked, and my guess is it's hard to get lost, as long as you know how to tell direction. We walk/run up there often and it's really nice - especially on weekdays when it's much more quiet. The chairlift is great - especially on the way down overlooking the city.

I attempted to look to see if trails were marked on Google Maps, but they weren't, however I did Google Normafa Walking and got some hits of sights from others. I do not know of a map.

Enjoy - it's a nice area.

Jeremy

2. Re: Walking in Normafa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 02:42