We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Airport to Pest

new york
Level Contributor
47 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Airport to Pest

Hello,

I have emailed many taxi companies in Budapest to get a quote from the airport to my hotel the Hilton Westend. I am so confused because they all give us quotes but then I read online that some charge an extra waiting time or coming inside the airport to pick us up. Does anyone have any notion of this?

Taxi 4 Co quoted me the cheapest rate 4300,- Huf, but I asked and I dont think they understood if that is all inclusive price(parking, vat, and wait time)

Has anyone used this company before??

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,060 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Airport to Pest

We received good service from the airport with www.fotaxi.hu

Currency exchange www.xe.com

Penzance
Level Contributor
634 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Airport to Pest

I had that concern when l first booked a taxi from the airport.l asked the company about it and they said that they checked the flight times online.The man was standing with his sign as l came out of arrivals.l normally book with Zona taxis.They gave me good price and service the 3 times l've used them.l also paid in Huf on the day.

Edited: 22 June 2012, 05:41
nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,958 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Airport to Pest

In my view, arriving in a city where you have never been and whose language you do not speak is not a great moment to try to save five euros. If cost us absolutely critical, take public transit. If you absolutely want the security of being met inside the terminal by a driver, book with a known driver directly and not a company (which is really just a dispatch service). If you are like the 95% who fall between those extremes, simply walk out to the curb, go to the airport taxi quee, and use Fő Taxi, which will charge you 21 euros or te equivalent.

Checking online for delayed arrivals does not answer th question of whether a taxi company charges for waiting time (or worse, leaves without you). What if your bats don't arrive and you are stuck an extra 30 minutes at baggage claim?

new york
Level Contributor
47 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Airport to Pest

Thanks everyone I def think I am going to do what Johnfarago suggested just get a cab with Fo Taxi when we arrive. That way I dont have to worry about wait time etc.

Penzance
Level Contributor
634 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Airport to Pest

The question l asked them was about the flight being delayed.The first time l went l didn't know how long it would take to get through customs.l had booked the taxi for a certain time.lt wasn't like that in JFK airport.It took over an hour to get through customs.Thats were waiting time gets involved.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Airport to Pest

Compared to JFK, B-pest is a breeze for customs. Your biggest concern should be lost luggage. It happens all the time, but it eventually turns up, but it is still a delay. You are really better off clearing customs getting your bags and just walking out to the curb for the next FoTaxi.

7. Re: Taxi from Airport to Pest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 June 2012, 17:53
Penzance
Level Contributor
634 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Airport to Pest

Tell us about it!

9. Re: Taxi from Airport to Pest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2013, 05:41