We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday ideas in budapest

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
jyp
Pearland
6 posts
Save Topic
Birthday ideas in budapest

I am going with best friend to Eastern Europe and on her birthday will be in Budapest. We are both in our late 30's. I'm looking for something memorable that we can do that night. We are not into the club scene. We already have Matthias Church, The Fishermen's Bastion that morning, and the following morning Szentendre Art Village Tour as part of our regular itinerary. Would love to hear about some unique ideas to spend that afternoon and evening on her birthday

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Birthday ideas in budapest

Hi jyp, I can look you up a couple of options if you give the exact date for that night. Are you looking for some artistic things - architectural beauty or live music, etc.

as for the hidden gems, based on the above (without actually knowing what sort of options you have in mind) I would recommend a walk to one of the hidden gems in Budapest

attractions.topbudapest.org/hidden-gems

Scotland
Level Contributor
265 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Birthday ideas in budapest

Hello TopBudapest,

Hadn't been aware that the Parisi Udvar was soon to be restored. That has to be good news.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Birthday ideas in budapest

Hi Hilltop, if you can read Hungarian, you will enjoy reading this architectural article about Parisi Udvar hg.hu/cikk/… (read the comments too - from Szilvia Molnar about how the legal proceedings are going on, where the investor is basically waiting for the outcome of the case between the local government and the few remaining tenants in the beautiful building)

But even if you don't speak Hungarian, you might like the rare photos of this fascinating building. :)

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
8,986 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Birthday ideas in budapest

jvp, Hungary is central Europe, not Eastern, they can be touchy about this.

To illustrate, Budapest is equidistant from London and Moscow.

Scotland
Level Contributor
265 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Birthday ideas in budapest

Hi TopBudapest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post the Parisi Udvar link. To my great regret, I can't read Hungarian but will print off and ask our Bupapest friends to translate when we visit them later this year.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Birthday ideas in budapest

I have the same question! Although my gf is turning 30 this july... yet, she isn't the clubbing type either, she's doing a phd, she's one of those smart ones ;)

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Birthday ideas in budapest

If you want a "taste" of the local culture, find a place (prefereably dark) that will serve up a birthday cake. It most likely will not be the standard, boring candles model.

luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Birthday ideas in budapest

jeffB

how about a couple of hours shooting at celeritas shooting club

for us brits its a very unusual and different situation to be in,

when i went there were more women than men

it may or may not be her cuppa tea,but she couldnt accuse you of being boring

cheers tony

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,773 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Birthday ideas in budapest

I celebrated my birthday this year, 1/14, at the Gerloczy. My friend had arranged for them to bring out a cake with a sparkler on it, the piano man played Happy Birthday, then Szaba and I cut the cake into enough pieces so that I could put them on plates and pass them out among the other diners there that night. Everyone had a good time.

Pjk

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
568 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Birthday ideas in budapest

RomanCitizen, I think YOU are touchy, not "they" about this subject...lol