We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk from terminal 1 tot terminal 2

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
13 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Walk from terminal 1 tot terminal 2

Last time I was in Budapest I took the train to terminal 1. My hotel is near Nyugati Pu again, but flights nowadays depart from terminal 2. I know there is bus 200E. But is it also possible to walk from terminal 1 (train station) to terminal 2? It doesn't seem far and this way I don't have to wait for a bus.

Edited: 17 July 2012, 00:44
Hungary
Level Contributor
2,589 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk from terminal 1 tot terminal 2

The distance between the two is over 4KM, I'd take the shuttle bus (<10min) unless you're interested in getting some exercise.

Edited: 17 July 2012, 01:00
Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Pecs, Budapest
Level Contributor
4,746 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk from terminal 1 tot terminal 2

Isn't T1 now closed for passenger airline traffic?

Hungary
Level Contributor
2,589 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walk from terminal 1 tot terminal 2

@oddone123

Yes, train station is there though.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Pecs, Budapest
Level Contributor
4,746 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walk from terminal 1 tot terminal 2

Yes, the train still stops at TI. But it's far less frequent now.

I would not attempt wlking from T2 to T1 just to get to Nyugati. For one thing (in addition to the distance) there are no sidewalks for at least 1 km on the road into T2. Bite the bulet and take the 200E to Kobanyi Kispet, then the Metro to Deak ter, change there and take another to Nyugati.

Alternatively, take the airport shuttle to your hotel. If it's more than one of you, consider Fo Taxi at the airport. Thise wuill be more costly, but faster than public transport.

5. Re: Walk from terminal 1 tot terminal 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 06:17