We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vienna and budapest

potomac, md
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vienna and budapest

Me and my husband are flying to vienna in October , getting there on Saturday and flying back to us on the following Sunday so we have eight nights , could you please suggest where to stay or what part of the city. we usually like to stay in 4-5 star hotels depending on the price and usually rent a car but I am not sure i'f we should rent a car or travel to Budapest by train. Also we like to walk and explore the city eat at nice restaurants and like the ngith life, we are in our early fifties.

Here is what I am thinking to stay in Vienna Saturday for fourt nights and travel to Budapest on Wednesday and spend three nights there and come back to Vienna and stay Saturday night to catch our flight home. Also can you please let me know how far is the airport to the city in Vienna and if there are any buses/metro?.

potomac, md
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Vienna and budapest

Thanks so much, I will not drive I will promise you:)) My husband and I have done drives through Italy, Sicily and southern Spain and this doesn't sound like fun at all

We are flying to Vienna on October 12 and coming back on Sunday October 21st. I am thinking to stay in Vienna until Tuesday and head to Budapest and return on Friday or Saturday depending on how much we enjoy the city. I am not the museum type either but love to walk the city and explore. I loved Prague when we were there three years ago and the buildings but didn't go inside of any. We also love good food and nice restaurant ,the hotels in Budapest are priced very well I just have to find one for Vienna and will check kayak for hotel in vienna, I saw Softiel for Budapest and I think we are going with that, thanks so much for all the input

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,063 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Vienna and budapest

You really need to go inside some of the buildings as they can hide great riches - you are missing out on a great deal by not doing so. In addition in Budapest you should explore some of the courtyards, for example.

13. Re: Vienna and budapest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 12:16