We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time residence Baron

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
banbury
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
1st time residence Baron

Me and fiancé going in mid oct first time in budapest, the residence Baron seems the best deal for what we want 4x nights

Any advice on this hotel, staff,bedrooms ect?

Also we are going to opera is it walkable?

And how much should a private transfer/ taxi cost from airport 12 noon ish?

Many thanks guys!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time residence Baron

If you do a search above for "Baron" you should find everything you need to know;;;

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

Also, did you look up the place on the TA reviews before booking your hotel? If, so, you will find a map that shows where it is located. Not a great location, but not bad.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g274887-d235452…

Ireland
Level Contributor
316 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time residence Baron

I stayed in the Residence Baron in June for 4 nights and really liked the hotel and location. Rooms are of very good size and standard With excellent facilities. If you are a light sleeper I would suggest not having a room over the breakfast room as you will be woken early by movement in this room. The staff were very helpful and friendly. I really liked the location. It is a 5 min walk from Kalvin Ter underground station and around the corner from Vaci Street (pedestrian street with high street shops, bars, restaurants and souvenir shops). There is a Tesco within a few mins walk so very handy to pick up a bottle of water or something on the way back to the hotel. We did not eat in the restaurant in the hotel but ate in the Thai directly across the street which was really nice. Budapest is quiet a compact city especially walking around the ‘Pest’ side, I would say the opera house would be at least a 20 / 30 min walk from hotel.

I am returning to Budapest in Nov and have been looking on line at hotels but will stay in the Residence Baron again as I think it is excellent value for money. I have been reading reviews on other hotels which are at least €100 dearer over the 4 nights, look amazing on line but reviews can be mixed, comments like ‘rooms are small’ or ‘not value for money’,

Can't help you with taxi or airport transfer as we did not use either.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time residence Baron

Taxi from the airport will be about 6,000 forints - use Fo taxi, they have a booth right outside the terminal. Do not approach a cab direct, as the rates will be higher. You can book your return cab at the same time.

4. Re: 1st time residence Baron

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2013, 10:15