We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel recommendations w/baby

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York, New York
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
hotel recommendations w/baby

we are traveling with a 1Y old infant and would like a hotel that is within walking distance to most of the attractions as well as restaurants / cafes. i've narrowed it down to the following (although still a list of 5!)...is any one of these preferable to the other - especially traveling with a small infant? my one hesitation to booking the intercontinental is that the room is 23 sqm whereas the others are 35 sqm or larger.

corinthia

iberostar grand

intercontinental

kempinski

le meridien

thanks!

luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel recommendations w/baby

I have stayed at the meridien with a small baby and location wise it was great,

we have stayed at the corinthia and although fantastic,

is slighty out so would involve taxis or public transport

having said that the corinthia has wonderful apartments for families

we stayed in 1 in march and it was like a home from home

regards tony

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,901 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel recommendations w/baby

Hi skimmy,

I'd actually recommend the Intercontinental for one major reason - I assume the infant will need to go to bed fairly early....so you and your companion will be stuck in the room. Most of the IC rooms offer one of the best views in the city - of the palace, castle district, Chain Bridge, promenade, etc.

The IC, Kempinski, and LeMeridien are all within 400 meters of each other, but the IC is the only one with an awesome view. They are all located in the heart of the city and will have many nice cafes/restaurants within walking distance.

But since you will be in your room often, why not enjoy a wonderful view?

Jeremy

3. Re: hotel recommendations w/baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2013, 10:18