We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time of year to visit

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Watford, UK
Level Contributor
367 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best time of year to visit

When would you say is the best time of year to visit Budapest? If I come along, I am after fine sunny weather, and vibrancy. What could I expect in September or October?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time of year to visit

hi,

well, you have to be lucky to have sunny weather in september and october. definitely autumn those months. i mean by that rain and clouds, just like in england. sometimes summer is a little bit longer and the beginning of september is fine, but definitely no october. i think the best time is either spring (may, june) or summer (july, august), (or as i said sometimes half of september or so) although the summer days could be very hot.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
425 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time of year to visit

Yes.

In September and October you can expect more or less rainy days - to what you are used to in England - but still warm days.

I think a very good time for you could be also May or June.

Every time of year you could find here happiness or whatever you do want!

So, come to visit Budapest, Hungary!!!!!!!

Halifax Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time of year to visit

We went mid Oct the school 1/2 term the weather was perfect, we wore jeans and T shirts wish I had taken sandals instead of trainers and boots my feet were so hot, took jackets but never used them, everything looked so lovely the leaves had changed to Autum shades, the evenings were drawing in about 6pm but that was ok, as the river trip in an evening in the dark was very special.