We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Directions to Comme Chez Soi from Corinthia Grand Hotel

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
BELFAST
Level Contributor
435 posts
204 reviews
Save Topic
Directions to Comme Chez Soi from Corinthia Grand Hotel

Hi was looking for a nice restaurant to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary while in Budapest - came acrossthe Comme Chez Soi.

Is it walkable from the Corinthia hotel or easy by public transport. If so could you please supply directions and time etc. If using a taxi how much should it cost and which taxi service should I use or pre-book.

Thanks

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,918 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Directions to Comme Chez Soi from Corinthia Grand Hotel

Hi 1stTB,

CCS is located 1/2 block off of Vaci Utca (walking street) OR about one block from the Marriott on the Pest river front. I share this description to give you an idea of location if you have seen maps of Budapest.

If you walk to CCS, it will take 25ish minutes at a standard pace. You can also take the metro from Blaha Lujza two stops to Deak and be there in 15 minutes. A taxi will take 10ish minutes and cost about 1500 HuF. If you go by taxi do NOT pre-book one, instead have the hotel call you a CITY Taxi (+36.1.211.1111).

I just entered "comme chez soi budapest" into Googlemaps and it shows an accurate location. You can see Deak ter metro stop is close by. Once out of the stop it's 5 minute walk.

Let me know you're preferred method and I can share more details. CCS is a wonderful restaurant and worth the time. My wife and I have celebrated some important dates there as well. Enjoy.

Jeremy

BELFAST
Level Contributor
435 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Directions to Comme Chez Soi from Corinthia Grand Hotel

Thanks Jeremy.

If it was a good night we would walk. Could you please provide walking Directions. If raining etc we will use your advice and get the hotel to call us a taxi .

We had looked at few other possibles for the night of our 30th, how would these compare?

Cafe Bouchon

Bock Bisztro (in the hotel)

Chess restaurant

Trattori Venezia

Thanks again

John

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,918 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Directions to Comme Chez Soi from Corinthia Grand Hotel

Hi John,

Of your list, Cafe Bouchon is the only other I would consider for this celebration. The food is good, the service outstanding. But....Bock Bisztro is an excellent kitchen with an extensive wine list (Bock = one of Hungary's finest wineries)...but the atmosphere is more of just that - a bisztro. I'd hit it for lunch or dinner another night.

Make a reservation at CCS, and advise of the celebration. Bring your appetite as well - you won't walk away hungry. Walking directions - I'll take you the easiest route versus the fastest.

1. Turning left out of the hotel, walk about 10 minutes to Blaha Lujza ter and turn right on Rakoczi ut. (When at Blaha, you'll have to walk under the street using stairs.)

2. You will see a Burger King on your right and the Marriott Courtyard on your left as markers. Continue towards the river (you won't see it) on Rakoczi, having to walk under the street at Astoria (there are stairs here too) This stretch is 10ish minutes.

3. Continue towards the river on the same road (which will now be called Szabad Sajto ut.). You will see a large bus stop coming ahead about 5 minutes into the walk. You will walk next to the bus stop (buses on the left on the street) and head next to the Buddha Hotel to Vaci utca. (This stretch is 10ish minutes tops)

4. Turn right onto Vaci (pedistrian walking street). Walk about 400 meters turning left onto Regiposta Posta utca (marker will be a McDonalds on this small street). On Regiposta, walk 50ish meters turn right onto Aranykez utca and you will see Comme Chez Soi on your left. It has a small yellow neon sign above the restaurant. (This stretch is 5ish minutes total).

I may have over complicated the walk - but hope it's clear. Head-down walking time is 25 minutes. Casual stroll, taking in the surroundings, 40ish minutes. Have a look at Google maps to get a lay of my route. It's a fairly easy walk with just a few stairs at Blaha and Astoria.

Enjoy your evening. After dinner, head over to the riverfront promenade and take in the city at night. A bit romantic dare I say.....you can then stick your head into the Marriott, Intercontinental, Four Seasons and ask them to ring you a City Taxi that will return you to your hotel.

Enjoy.

Jeremy

BELFAST
Level Contributor
435 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Directions to Comme Chez Soi from Corinthia Grand Hotel

excellent thanks again for the directions and advice - looking forward to trying it.

Regards

John

Edited: 12 September 2012, 19:03
5. Re: Directions to Comme Chez Soi from Corinthia Grand Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2013, 10:16