We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking near Queens Court Hotel & Residence

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Xenia, Ohio
Level Contributor
29 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Parking near Queens Court Hotel & Residence

Hello. We'll be staying at the Queens Court Hotel & Residence for 4 nights in October. They have parking for 20 Euros/night. Is there a garage near with a better rate? Or should we just bite the bullet and pay the 20/Euros/night?

Thanks.

Teresa

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,931 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking near Queens Court Hotel & Residence

Hi TTB's,

I have an office a few blocks from that property, and while I do not know of another garage, there are parking lots (think gravel lots) in between some of the buildings close to your hotel where I would think the daily charge is 4000ish HuF (14 Euros). There are lots on Kertesz between Dob and Dohany. And there are two lots on Dohany between Klauzai and Kertesz. All are less than a 10 minute walk. The lots are guarded 24x7 and the few times I have had to park in them, I never had an issue. If you park there, remove EVERYTHING of value from the car, including the trunk. Car theft is not massive, but remains a concern.

Now....I assume you will have a car because you MUST. Maybe you're driving in from another country? Do NOT rent a car for driving around Budapest. You simply do not need a car.

Hope this helps. Dare I say M Go Blue? ;)

Jeremy

Xenia, Ohio
Level Contributor
29 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking near Queens Court Hotel & Residence

We will be in the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary for 17 days - so yes, we have a car - not just for Budapest. We will use trams, etc. while in Budapest, so we just need a place to park the car for a few days. We will take everything out of it and into the hotel. Thanks for the idea of those lots, we'll check into those.

"Dare I say M Go Blue?" - Those are fightin' words around here!!! :-)

Actually, we're going to the Ohio State football game this Saturday. GO BUCKS!!! :-)

Thanks Jeremy!

Teresa

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,931 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking near Queens Court Hotel & Residence

Teresa,

I'm sorry to break the news, but a recently passed (and obscure) EU law states that "no Buckeyes shall set foot into, on, around or even close to any EU member state...."

I hear Canada is nice this time of year. I've been abroad so long that my passion for the UM-osu rivalry has escaped a bit, but that doesn't stop me from finding the game each November. And we still hold an insurmountable lead in the series. :)

All the best. Enjoy your travels and this great city.

Jeremy

4. Re: Parking near Queens Court Hotel & Residence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2013, 10:17