We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian and sushi

North Pole
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Indian and sushi

Can you recommend a good Indian restaurant, and a Sushi bar/restaurant? Would be nice if they are within walking distance, in or near District V.

Scotland
Level Contributor
266 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian and sushi

Hi Margana,

For Indian, try the Salaam Bombay on Merleg utca beside the Four Seasons Gresham. And there's a sushi restaurant on the Belgrad Rakpart, not very far beyond the Erzsebet Bridge.

There are others of both styles which you can uncover by some easy searching on this site.

Enjoy.

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
8,091 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian and sushi

There is also a quite good new Indian place on Raday utca - Tandoor - and another not far from Blaha Lujza - Delhi Darbar - and quite a few other; and sushi is popping up all over the place.

North Pole
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indian and sushi

Many thanks for your replies.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Indian and sushi

Definitely try Taj Mahal (www.tajmahal.hu) or there is a great self service Indian restaurant on Andrassy Street called Bombay Express (www.bombayexpressz.hu) for sushi Wasabi (www.wasabi.hu) is a great option.

North Pole
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Indian and sushi

Thank you!

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
11,150 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Indian and sushi

I trust you are also planning to eat plenty of Hungarian food whilst there :)

North Pole
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Indian and sushi

Of course, RomanCitizen. But not for every lunch and dinner during a whole week.. Besides, when it comes to Hungarian food there are plenty of discussions and recommendations in the forum already , so I didn`t find it necessary to ask for such restaurants.

But if you have a special place you would like to recommend, I would like to hear it. :)

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,140 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Indian and sushi

Hi Margana,

Depending upon your experience and understanding of traditional "sushi" and "sashimi", I would hesitate to recommend any place here outside of Nobu. And Nobu while very solid, is not easy on the wallet. As a matter-of-fact, I would skip the entire Japanese cuisine while here - Hungary is simply not the best option for seafood - although some places are decent, they are far from good - if you enjoy real Japanese sushi or sashimi. Nobu being the exception.

On the Indian food side, I second John's suggestion of the Delhi Darbar - 7th District at corner of Dohány u. and Akacfa u. (just off of corner on Dohany about 40 meters from intersection.)

Enjoy,

Jeremy

10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Indian and sushi

Fuji !

welovebudapest.com/en/…fuji

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
11,150 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Indian and sushi

Bock Bisztro, next to the Corinthia Hotel, and on the Kor Ut (inner ring road).

Bock is Hungary's best all round wine producer (you will find better individual wines, but all round they are first class): the restaurant was partly set up to showcase their wines.

One advantage they have over other restaurants is that they will serve wines by the glass, meaning you can choose the best wine to go with each course - I always take the sommelier's advice on this one.

Even with top wines a 3 course lunch shouldn't be more than £30 per head, far less than you would pay in the UK - though I am not sure about the North Pole !

Edited: 04 October 2012, 09:32