We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant's..

Cheshunt, United...
Level Contributor
508 posts
676 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant's..

Hi..Were off to Budapest next week for 3 nights, staying at the K+K Hotel Revay utca..just asking if anybody know's of restaurant's in the area for the evening that people would recommend? We are not fussy and will eat any thing:)

Thank You...

Tracey..

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,076 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant's..

Hi Tracey,

Budapest is full of great kitchens at all price ranges. You say you're not picky, but sharing what you may like will help us narrow some ideas. You are staying in the heart of the city, and at first glance, I'd have a look at:

- Klassz. 5 minute walk

- Cafe Kor. 5 minute walk

- Cafe Bouchon. 5 minute walk

- Comme Chez Soi. 15 minute walk

These all vary in size, offerings and such, but all serve solid food and are owned by people (Klassz owned by a group) that care about quality.

Enjoy,

Jeremy

Cheshunt, United...
Level Contributor
508 posts
676 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant's..

Hi Jeremy..Thank you so much for this feed back, there will be four of us and all eating most things...I myself love offal:) really can't say between us that we dont eat anything! We all love to have wine with our dinner, and if anything dont want to spend a fortune:) happy to spend around 10,000 forint's each per meal with drink..Is this possible?

Thanks so much..

Tracey..

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant's..

keeping within budget is easily done at all except comme chez soi perhaps; Klassz is explicitly about wine and is owned by the Wine Society; Bouchon is owned by a very serious oenophgile who will spend as much time as you'd like discussing the available wines

ad Borkonyha to the list for places with excellent wine lists and Bock Bisztro for a higher cost place(but not much higher) with a deep and broad wine list (it's owned by a winery); add Pesti Diszno and Ket Szerecsen to the list for a couple more within an easy stroll

Edited: 01 October 2012, 22:46
luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,151 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant's..

£30 goes a long way in budapest

unless you like fine wines you would be pushed to spend that much on food and drink

I would recommend the trofea grill on kiraly as an experience

as has been said loads of great restaurants and if you ring city cab most places are less than a fiver uk away

i like chess and trattoria venezia but it all comes down to personal taste

good luck

tony

Cheshunt, United...
Level Contributor
508 posts
676 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant's..

Thank you so much for replies and the information:)

Tracey:)

6. Re: Restaurant's..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 07:17