We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Western Hotel Orion - shops nearby?

London, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Best Western Hotel Orion - shops nearby?

Hi,

Been looking at the Best Western Hotel Orion and in the reviews, some people mention that there are a lack of shops nearby.

Are there any supermarkets or convenience stores around that area? Thinking about booking but will be travelling light so may need to stock up on some toiletries etc.

Thanks,

Baggio

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,211 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Western Hotel Orion - shops nearby?

Hey Baggio,

I'm taking a guess here.....but looking at your picture, you may be a runner or at least in good shape. With that assumption, you will be fine. While I am not familiar with a proper grocery or toiletry store real close, all you have to do is walk across the Erszebet bridge into Pest and there is a Match grocery store at Ferenciek ter on right side of road (nice 15 minute walk), and a DM (I believe or some type of toiletry store) on Vaci utca which is right before Ferenciek ter (head left on Vaci).

Here's another idea.....grab the tram (heading north or to the left facing the river) that runs in front of the river to the final stop (Batthany ter). Ride should take 8ish minutes. At Batthany there is a nice grocery store (Spar) that should have all the rations you need.

Your hotel is in a nice location....close to city center, but just a bit out of a cohesive neighborhood due to the castle, river and bridge....

Jeremy

London, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Western Hotel Orion - shops nearby?

Thanks Jeremy, was a bit worried about the location but after reading what you said, the hotel does seem in a decent location. :)

Think I will take your first option of walking across the bridge, think that might be a pleasant stroll - and yup, like my jogging. :)

Thanks again,

Baggio

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,769 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Western Hotel Orion - shops nearby?

I do wish that hotel reviewers would include the minutes approximately or distance to shops/town centre etc. when walking rather than simply saying that the location is not near to shops/town centre. We booked a hotel in the Canaries earlier this year because it said it was near to everything, and it was, right slap bang in the middle of a busy town centre, but the hotel we would have preferred to book yet were put off booking because it was described as a bit far from shops/the beach we discovered to be well within walking distance. Fact is, some people prefer to walk, it is good exercise and you see more of the place.

Reviewers keep this in mind next time.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Pecs, Budapest
Level Contributor
4,759 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Western Hotel Orion - shops nearby?

Actually distance is better. People walk at different speeds.

5. Re: Best Western Hotel Orion - shops nearby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 21:18