We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour of parliament

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tour of parliament

I e-mailed the parliament on Friday the 9th November requesting a tour for Thursday the 29th November (idegenv@parlament.hu) & got sent a confirmation this morning no problem!

Only thing is it states it is for 12:00 AM, I presume this is an oversight & it’s for midday, not midnight?

Just thought id advice people of the current e-mail address that seems to be working ok!

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,953 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour of parliament

Hi Craig,

If you can find anyone outside of security working at Parliament at midnight, please let me know! :) I'd bet a some palinka and my best Tokaji that the time is 12:00 midday.

Enjoy. And let me know if I owe you the drinks!

Jeremy

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour of parliament

Hi can I just ask is the tour free?

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,953 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour of parliament

Hi suesafc,

Yes for European Union members - "The tour of the Hungarian Parliament Building is free of charge for visitors who are native speakers of Hungarian and for the citizens of the European Union."

See more info at - http://www.mkogy.hu/angol/eng/tajekoztato.htm

Best,

Jeremy

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour of parliament

Yes its free, simply send an e-mail, stating names of people wanting to go & day/time you would like to take a tour..- info of when there available on the site/ the link above.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour of parliament

Thanks for that will get on it

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour of parliament

Hi Jeremy F,

In the link you gave it is stated "Admission Fees" for EU and non-EU citizens.

How can that be for free?

Edited: 19 February 2013, 10:15
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,385 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour of parliament

Hi Egle B,

Unfortunately when this thread started admission for EU citizens was free but as of Jan 1 this year that all changed.

Here is the new link to be able to get tickets for the parliament.

http://www.jegymester.hu/eng/PlaceInfo/900/

I believe the cost to EU citizens now is 1750 HUF or roughly 6 Euro

Do enjoy your trip

SEBESZ

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour of parliament

Thank you very much, SEBESZ!

After reading comments I was a little bit worried that the page I was visiting which shows prices for entrance, is perhaps fake one :) . But after your post, I am calm, thanks...

Looking foward to visit Budapest in the next week.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,385 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour of parliament

Egle B

Glad I could help a little the Parliament is a great sight to see make sure and stop and look at the shoe memorial along the Danube while there

Do so enjoy your trip Budapest is a lovely city

SEBESZ

10. Re: Tour of parliament

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 07:16