We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For Sale Pub in your 70s???

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Topic
For Sale Pub in your 70s???

Hi Everyone

I'm planning the evening dining/ entertainment for my families Christmas trip to Budapest..and wanted to get advice on the For Sale Pub. I'll be traveling with my father and Aunt (both in their 70s) and was wondering if that's the right choice for one of our nights out..they both want a traditional pub with good food and music but I'm worried that For Sale might be a bit too much!

We're staying at the kempinski so if anyone can offer an alternative that would be brilliant..

Scotland
Level Contributor
266 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: For Sale Pub in your 70s???

Hi Scotslover,

Go for it - it's a great, quirky little place with good live music (usually a couple of lads), big food and excellent (but not the cheapest) beers.

My wife and I never miss it whenever we're in Bp, and we're not exactly youngsters.

Enjoy.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: For Sale Pub in your 70s???

Hi Scotlover,

I'm with Hilltop - why not? My parents are in the same decade, and I would not hesitate to take them there. Simply for an alterntaive - Jack Doyle's is a nice pub, and play solid traditional Irish music on Friday nights. Worth a look. Food is standard and good pub food.

http://www.jackdoyles.hu/parties.php

Best,

Jeremy

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: For Sale Pub in your 70s???

Well, we're in our 60s and while I am not crazy about For Sale it's surely not over the top for us ... Recall that people from our generation were forming our musical tastes (and most everything else) in the 1960s. For me, For Sale is noisy but a little tame ... I like the ruin pubs more, especially Corvintetto ... And I like A38...and I used to adore Godor before it got re-educated by the urgent government.

I think For Sale should be fine.

4. Re: For Sale Pub in your 70s???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 08:17