We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budapest to Prague - or vice versa - in June/July 2013

boston
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Budapest to Prague - or vice versa - in June/July 2013

I am planning a trip for my adult family and want to fly into either Prague and continue to Vienna and Budapest or start in Budapest and end up in Prague. Is one place better to start from than the other?

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,985 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budapest to Prague - or vice versa - in June/July 2013

It makes little or no difference really - price is about the same between the cities

Prague - Vienna is €19 by bus or train

Vienna - Budapest is also €19

Budapest - Vienna is €13 by train

Vienna - Prague is €19 by bus or €29 by train.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budapest to Prague - or vice versa - in June/July 2013

Hi sstg,

I'd ask yourself a few questions:

1. Flying long-haul, I prefer to limit connections (or have none) on the way home, when I am typically most tired. So - from Prague can you fly direct to Boston? (You cannot from Budapest).

2. What do you prefer more - lots of people in a smaller space or more spacious area where there are still many people, but feels less crowded? Prague's tourist areas are highly crowded, while Budapest's are spread out and never really overcrowded with people (there are a few exceptions - I.e., Christmas Market, Wine Festival). I would end in the atmosphere you most enjoy.

3. What type of city can you most relax in, as my thought would be you'll want to relax a bit on the back-end of your trip that appears quite busy.

More insights may help us - but I am getting real specific. Outside of flights, I don't think there is an advantage or much difference one route over the other.

Jeremy

boston
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budapest to Prague - or vice versa - in June/July 2013

Thank you! I think ending in a more relaxed atmosphere would be best. We will probably be pumped up when we first arrive and be able to handle more initially. I doubt we will be able to fly nonstop home due to budget - but I will look into it.

4. Re: Budapest to Prague - or vice versa - in June/July 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 05:17