We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budapest to Tamasi

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Budapest to Tamasi

We will arriving at BUD International Airport in January 2013 at around 7:30 p.m. We need to go to Tamasi. We are not very sure how to go, first time in Hungary. Is there a taxi service from Budapest Airport to Tamasi. How much will it cost?

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
258 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budapest to Tamasi

I looked around only in google.

Budapest-Tamasi is about 180 km ( so fare) ., the taxi price ~300 USD ( ~ 60.000 HUF) and ~ 2 hour.

One of the biggest taxi co. : http://fotaxi.eu/?Language=en#main-menu

To Tamasi no train connection, 1 direct bus line/day from Budapest to Tamási ( afternoon, ~ 2 pm) . ticket is ~14 USD ( 2800 HUF) /person/direction.

http://www.volanbusz.hu/en/

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,461 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budapest to Tamasi

Figure on €1 per kilometer as a miid-range taxi price, so likely you can do somewhere loser to 50,000 huf or $250 if it is 180 km...the long-haul driver I rely on is Alajos Pulai, pulai31@gmail.com , but search inte ovum more widely for other names and others' experience with Alajos. Or contact Fő Taxi or City Taxi for proposals.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budapest to Tamasi

Thanks you

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
45 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budapest to Tamasi

Do not rely on Alajos Pulai to pick you up when scheduled. I had contacted him via email to arrange a round trip service last week. While we were picked up at the airport on time, he was a no show when we had agreed on a hotel pick up time a few days later. We had the hotel call for another taxi that was cheaper in the end. I was very disappointed to say the least.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
8,983 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budapest to Tamasi

Do you have to get there there same night ? and is price an issue ?

It is possible to get there more cheaply than the taxi, but not the same night: it would mean a night in Bpest.

Edited: 01 July 2013, 22:24
6. Re: Budapest to Tamasi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 July 2013, 07:35
Edited: 16 July 2013, 07:35
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
45 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Budapest to Tamasi

I want to post an update in regards to my issue with Alajos Pulai. We have communicated regarding the issue of not being picked up as scheduled. Alajos confirmed that we did in fact have a time scheduled, but he had read my email while in his taxi and honestly had forgotten to put our pick up time in his date book. Honest mistake. His apology was sincere and everything is all good. We all make mistakes and life goes on. He even offered to somehow give me a refund for my trip from the airport to our hotel which did go off without a hitch. I appreciated the offer. Give him a chance if you are in Budapest. If anyone should question my post, I have kept all communication between Alajos and myself via TripAdvisor.

8. Re: Budapest to Tamasi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2014, 05:17