We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WIFI in Budapest

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
WIFI in Budapest

Hi All,

Does anyone recommend any decent WiFi Hotspots in Budapest which I could use while I am out there? Cafe's ect? I am staying in All 4 U apartments and I don't think they have wifi.

Thanks,

Max

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,931 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WIFI in Budapest

www.wificafespots.com/wifi/city/HU--Budapest

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,673 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WIFI in Budapest

Are you certain they do not have WiFi? They are either part of Gozsdu Udvar (a major restoration/development project) or adjacent to it. Several of the Cafes in Gozsdu have WiFi (the Cafe Vian for example) and pretty much every cafe within a 2 block radius does. I believe the Cafe Noe does as well, which is among the many within a couple of blocks. But I am curious to learn for certain if the apartments themselves do not, since it is an almost universal amenity in comparable places.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,820 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WIFI in Budapest

In my experience of central Europe, and I am certain Budapest is no different, anywhere worth its salt offers free wi-fi, especially cafes, pubs, shopping centres, etc.

Even buses - there is a company called Student Agency in the Czech Republic and their buses have a surprisingly strong wi-fi signal so if there is one parked nearby, or even if you are following one on the motorway, you can get online no problem!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WIFI in Budapest

I could not see it mentioned anywhere on the website so I assumed not!

Thank you for all the answers, hopefully I will be able to find Wifi pretty easily by the sounds of it :D Wouldn't normally care but will have to do a bit of work while I am away which isn't ideal but oh well!

backpacker4life
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WIFI in Budapest

any McDonald's should have one, and the vast majority of cafes do, but not sure about pubs and bars. The California Coffee Company chain does but it only allows you for an hour and a half - but you coud always buy something else when the times up i guess. I'm sure any of the other chains do as well - Nero, starbucks. And plenty of independent cafes as well, it really won't be a problem. Just power up your laptop because finding a place to plug in your computer is a bit more tricky but still decently easy.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,432 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: WIFI in Budapest

The Gerloczy Hotel has free WIFI, and they open at 7:00 a.m. You could grab a coffee and boot up... Gerloczy utca 1, Budapest 1052,

Pjk

middlesex
Level Contributor
187 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: WIFI in Budapest

I'm sure the apartments do have wifi. We are staying there in 2 weeks time and I'm sure some of the reviewers mentioned the free wifi. I think you just ask for the code at reception.

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,673 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: WIFI in Budapest

The Cafe Vian is downstairs from your apartment, it's a very pleasant place to sit and serves an excellent breakfast (have not had other meals there). You will surely be fine. Wifi is everywhere.

9. Re: WIFI in Budapest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 06:16