We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with parking near metro

New Zealand
12 posts
Save Topic
Hotel with parking near metro

Hi Looking for a recommendation of a nice hotel with Parking near a metro station, ie easy access with a car and easy access via metro into the tourist areas of budapest hopefully under 80 euros.

Many Thanks

White Umbrella Tours Budapest
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours
Budapest Bike Breeze
Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours
My Personal Budapest
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Budapest TukTuk
Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours
Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with parking near metro

You mean 80 euros per night for double room, including the parking ?

Edited: 13 January 2013, 09:01
Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,140 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with parking near metro

Hey Ziggy,

While your target budget may be attainable,,the challenge will be the hotel parking fees. Parking in city center Budapest is no longer a bargain and hotels generally charge €20+ nightly. And does it have to be close to a metro line or simply a public transportation link (tram, bus)? And what type of hotel do ou prefer - likes and dislikes....

Here are a few hotels you can eyeball that I would/have stay in and have a garage on site:

1. K+K Hotel. Pest side. Heart of the city of of Andrassy avenue, a primary artery of the city and surrounded by sights, restaurants - the action if you will.

2. Hotel Castle Garden. Sits immediately outside of the castle wall on the Budapest side. Has a bus stop within 50 meters that will have you at the metro station in 3 minutes. Great place, slid breakfast, solid rooms. I live in neighborhood and have friends/family stay here.

3. Art'Otel - along river on Budapest side. Solid hotel with tram ride outside of front door and metro stop a pleasant 5-10 minute walk along river. An alternative is walking across Chain Bridge into the heart of Pest in 15 minutes.

The goods news about Budapest is that generally well located properties can be had a great rates depending upon dates. Check all the big sites Kayak, Booking, Hotels, etc., etc.

Best,

Jeremy

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,884 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with parking near metro

Do you have to drive? You will find that it is the most expensive and least flexible option, especially in cities where a car will just be a millstone around your neck.

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
8,085 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with parking near metro

While echoing the comments above, and without knowing when you plan to travel, it occurs to me that the Mercure Korona pretty much fits your inquiry exactly.

mercure.com/gb/…index.shtml

It has a parking garage within the building and the nightly charge for non-guests is around 6000 HUF; so you may well be able to do room and garage for under 80 euros.

The Kalvin ter metro stop is just outside the door, and the hotel itself is moderately central and within an easy walk of most sights.

New Zealand
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with parking near metro

Everyone thankyou so much for your replies i will check out the Hotels you have mentioned later today. GCEK yes we are picking up a car and driving from Munich heading to the blacksea and seeing as much as possible in between over 9 weeks.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,140 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with parking near metro

Hi Ziggy,

Your recent post reminded me to advise be certain your car rental company (if you are indeed renting a car) will allow you to cross borders into specific countries. The Black Sea is bordered by Bulgaria and Romania (among others) where many Western based car rental companies will not allow their cars to be driven. And indeed at border crossings you will have to show valid insurance upon request.

Just FYI. If not doing this, then lets focus on helping your Bpest visit!

Jeremy

New Zealand
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with parking near metro

Hello thank you all for the replies, johnfarago the Korona looks a good choice thankyou.

Jeremy i am hiring a Puegeot eurolease car which you lease for a fixed term, the advantage over a rental is price and flexiability of where you can take it, at least 40 european countries

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,884 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with parking near metro

The warning about driving in cities still stands - many cities make it as difficult as possible for the driver, Budapest no exception! Places like Prague or Vienna are almost impossible to park in, so you will have to park outside and get public transport in, also Austrian police are very fond of stopping cars with foreign plates - I have been fined far too many times there for petty infringements. I never drive to Vienna any more for this reason as the train/bus is so much easier,

Also don't forget that you will need compulsory highway stickers for Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary ('matrica' electronic token) - fines are heavy and on the spot if you don't have one.

And you will need an IDP - certainly for Austria, probably also for other countries on your route as well.

When you get to Romania parking isn't so much of a problem, but some of the roads are quite poor and there tend to be a lot of horses and carts/cattle joining you on the road, especially in the more rural areas - you should really take the opportunity to explore the more remote parts as it is stunning in places and a car really comes into its own. The same goes for Hungary/Slovakia.

If you just intend travelling between cities you might as well get trains.

Then of course you will have to drive it back again ...

Have fun!

Edited: 15 January 2013, 02:06
9. Re: Hotel with parking near metro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 06:19