We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaurant in vicinity of K+K Hotel Opera

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Good restaurant in vicinity of K+K Hotel Opera

Hello,

can anyone recommend a good restaurant within walking distance of the K+K Hotel Opera? Preferably serving traditional Hungarian food and reasonably priced, e.g. 10,000 Ft or less for three courses if possible?

Thanks

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good restaurant in vicinity of K+K Hotel Opera

NB. Not sure how realistic my price guide is, but if anyone knows of somewhere to eat that fits the other criteria that would be great.

Medias, Romania
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good restaurant in vicinity of K+K Hotel Opera

Hello,

neat the State Opera, on the left of Andrassy, 50 metters walk,up to Heroes Square, is Klassz. Near this wonderful restaurant is Muvesz, if you like cakes and a good coffee. Also, in a square, adiacent to Andrassy, very close to Klassz, but not the same street, Nagy i guess, is Ket Szereczen, great too.

Enjoy, Istvan

luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good restaurant in vicinity of K+K Hotel Opera

there are loads of good restaurants near andrassy

the trofea grill in kiraly would give you a good taste of hungarian cuisine

its about £16 for an all you can eat buffet with free wine,beer and champagne

and minerals

very good value

10,000 fts buys a top end 3 course meal in most restaurants in budapest

cheers tony

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good restaurant in vicinity of K+K Hotel Opera

Plenty to check out, thanks!

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,857 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good restaurant in vicinity of K+K Hotel Opera

Add Cafe Bouchon to the list, as well as Pesti Diszno; many would add Menza

To get the lay of the land, Andrassy is a major boulevard; the Opera is midway between Erzsebet ter (the end closest to the river) and Oktogon (an 8-way intersection that comes after the stretch of the boulevard that housed many of the major arts buildings (now mostly moved elsewhere -- the symphony hall was on Liszt Fernc ter, the National Ballet Theater was across from the Opera; the Operetta Theatre is still on Nagymezo, a block away from the river from the Opera),

If you continue a on Andrassy away from the river, on the opposite side from the Opera, the next block is Nagymezo and if you turn right onto Nagymezo you will come to Ket Szerecsen; if instead of were to continue straight you would find Klassz and then a bit further on an Alexandra Bookshop in which there is a stellar cafe on the second floor; if instead you were to turn left onto Nagymezo you would come to Pesti Diszno adjacent to the Operetta Theatre, or if you continue a couple of blocks to Zichy Jeno and turn right in Zichy Jeno you would be at Cafe Bouchon

If you did not turn off Andrassy but walked a second block to Liszt Ferenc ter, and then turn right onto Liszt Ferenc ter you will find lots of cafes and also Menza...

And that just within a 2-3 block radius...

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,953 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good restaurant in vicinity of K+K Hotel Opera

Hi Verbrannt,

I think you're getting a good idea of just how many good kitchens there are here, plus your hotel is in a great location. Let me add a couple spots to this sold list - of which Klassz and Cafe Bouchon I absolutely would visit.

1. Kis Piac - this 6ish table wonder is about a 15 minute stroll from your hotel towards the parlament. Absolutely wonderful dishes - think grandma's kitchen with fantastic chicken, pork, ribs, duck. The menu is clean and neat, as is the food. I've lived here for more than a decade, and it does not get better than this for food (very casual place). The prices are very reasonable as well. I really enjoy the pork and chicken. They have a Facebook page.

2. Krizia - wonderful quaint Mediterranean kitchen with Hungarian blended in. The chef/owner takes great care to offer seasonal dishes with a nice wine list to boot. My favorites include the foie gras ravioli and the mushroom soup. Have a look. About 4 blocks from your hotel.

All the best and enjoy the city in and out of the restaurants!

Jeremy

7. Re: Good restaurant in vicinity of K+K Hotel Opera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 05:19