We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is best Month to Visit

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuwait
Level Contributor
220 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
When is best Month to Visit

Hi

my plane is to Visit Munich , Budapest and Prague

i think the weather is very cold during January till end of March , im not in hurry so i can choose from now till end of May

so , when is the best time to Visit Budapest ?

if i decided to visit in February , will it bad worse than May so much ?

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,187 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When is best Month to Visit

May is the best month to visit many European countries, spring has arrived but the tourists haven't, as it were.

And the days are longer, in Febuary it still gets dark very early.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When is best Month to Visit

Hi Kavedas,

I'm aligned with Roman - I would target April or May. The days remain short here in February - yet April can bring some pretty fanatic weather for these parts. The largest differences between February and May will obviously be the average temperatures and amount of expected daylight.

Best

Jeremy

Kuwait
Level Contributor
220 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When is best Month to Visit

Thanks for the help , although i have wished that there are not so much difference , i just dont want to wait 4 months :(

anyways , i guess its better to visit in the best time to have more fun ..

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: When is best Month to Visit

Here's another vote for May, but April is not so bad either, the days are long and light, it is often sunny, new grass and new leaves on the trees, a light jacket is enough to keep you warm, and the deals are often better.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
348 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When is best Month to Visit

Another vote for (early) May.

Also, figure out the proper order of cities for your visit. Start on one end and work your way to the other end. In other words: Munich to Prague to Budapest, or vice versa. Fly into your first city and fly out from your last. As to your itinerary, how many weeks do you have and what mode of travel do you contemplate between cities? Will you use trains between each?

If you have enough time you can go from Munich to Salzburg, to Prague, to Vienna, to Budapest. If you don't have that much time since practically a day is needed for travel between each (except that Munich and Salzburg are so close) you may want to just do three cities such as Budapest, Vienna, Prague - or whatever.

Edited: 18 January 2013, 04:20
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When is best Month to Visit

Kavedas

As Jeremy says May is the time.

We spent 10 days last year and could not have been better the weather was great and yes the tourists had not over run the city yet as they will once school lets out.

Add the additional daylight you get in May and it is a perfect window to go

Best

SEBESZ

7. Re: When is best Month to Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2014, 06:17