We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner River Cruise - evening suitable for kids?

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
25 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner River Cruise - evening suitable for kids?

We are going to Budapest for two nights on Sunday 10 Feb. We wanted to take an evening river cruise on the Danube with dinner. Is this suitable for our 10 year old daughter? Can anyone suggest a good company to book with?

Thanks in advance, Lindz

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,014 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner River Cruise - evening suitable for kids?

Hi Lindz,

You can absolutely take your daughter with you......however I highly recommend that you do NOT take a dinner cruise. And for one simple reason - the food on the boat is passable, however Budapest has so many great land-based restaurants - you will have a much better culinary experience. And your daughter will be welcome into all restaurants as well.

I would suggest taking the 17:00 one-hour cruise as the sun sets and the lights begin to blaze the riverfront architecture aglow. You will capture the best of both worlds in a sense. Some pics with a little natural light, and many with the man-made lights. There are multiple boat tours available (search google), but I typically use Legenda and am satisfied.

Let us know if you need help with restaurants.

Enjoy,

Jeremy

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,014 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner River Cruise - evening suitable for kids?

One additional thought....it's now approaching 16:30 and the sun is fast setting (cloudy today). If you can find a 16:30 launch time, take that - if not the 17:00 will work fine.

Jeremy

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner River Cruise - evening suitable for kids?

Lindz

Yes solid advice above.

I too recommend Legenda found them to be quite adequate

Yes absolutely take your daughter she will be welcomed and should enjoy it. I say this as my experience was somewhat similar.

I took all 5 of my daughters (Ranging from 17 to the twins who where 11 then) on this cruise 2 summers ago and they all seemed to love it just the right amount of time to keep them interested but not long enough to bore them.

Enjoy

SEBESZ

4. Re: Dinner River Cruise - evening suitable for kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2014, 06:17