We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do Hungarians treat vieled women and muslims in general?

Egypt
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How do Hungarians treat vieled women and muslims in general?

Hi

I would like to travel to Budapest but I am bit concerned on how do they treat vieled women?

Please, if anyone could have any idea whether they treat them well or not .as I have travelled in other places in Europe and it was fine.

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Europe
Europe
World
Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,243 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do Hungarians treat vieled women and muslims in general?

Hello Dono,

First, I am a man and (maybe obviously) do not wear a veil. But I live in Budapest and have for years.

Veils are uncommon here, so undoubtedly you may have some states from locals (and visitors alike). But....the Hungarian people are kind, and not hostile or threatening typically.

So while I cannot predict your stay, I would prepare for some stares as you enjoy this wonderful city.

Wishing you a great stay.

Jeremy

Mentioned in this post
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Egypt
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How do Hungarians treat vieled women and muslims in general?

Dear Jeremy

Thank you so much for your reply. I was sacred that they might be hostile , I don't care about stares since they are not harmful.

One more question. is it better to stay in hotel or in a rental apartment? especially under this condition.

Thank you again.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,243 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do Hungarians treat vieled women and muslims in general?

Hello again Dono,

Budapest offers great hotels and apartments. The choice is a personal one, but I do not believe you need to look away from a hotel due to your dress. Just my opinion.

As I am not an apartment expert, search the forum for suggestions. As to hotels, if you need some direction say the word. Including your target budget and likes/dislikes will always help.

Best.

Jeremy

Mentioned in this post
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How do Hungarians treat vieled women and muslims in general?

How "full" is the veil? A headscarf is actually quite common among older women, and isnt really alien to hungarian culture. A Burqua may be problematic.

Egypt
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: How do Hungarians treat vieled women and muslims in general?

Thank you Jeremy and Rawlee

6. Re: How do Hungarians treat vieled women and muslims in general?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 05:17